13.

── · .゚☆: 8 DAYS BEFORE EMERGENCE, SOUTH DAKOTA :☆゚. · ──

I WAS walking to Ajak's house, but not to the door, to the back of the house. As I came closer I saw a figure on the floor. It was mother. I crouched down beside her, moving the hair out of her face. A couple tears slipped out and onto the grass. I sighed, wiping my tears away with the back of my hand, before going inside and waiting for the others to arrive. 

── · .゚☆: 6 DAYS BEFORE EMERGENCE :☆゚. · ──

I was in the kitchen, reading my novel when I heard a voice. "Hello, Ajak?"

I stood up out of my seat, walking to the front door. "Sersi?"

"Oh my god, Miho!" She exclaimed hugging me tightly.

"I missed you. But... there is something you should see, though." I sighed, pulling away. I led the three to the back of the house outside. 

We were all standing or sitting around her corpse. "It was a deviant." Ikaris noted.

As much as I wanted to punch his dumb face, I couldn't risk ruining my plan. "We should go inside, it's quite cold." I suggested.

Ikaris, Sprite, and I, all went inside but Sersi stayed. I took a seat at the table as Sprite created an illusion of her and mother dancing in the kitchen.

"Our love and our devotion,

we're as deep as any ocean."

"It was the last time I saw her. Ajak asked me to check on Sersi, so I went to London. Turned out, both of us were lonely, and we needed each other. I guess, in her way, Ajak never stopped trying to take care of us." Sprite explained letting the illusion fall. 

I intertwined my hand with Sprite's, "I miss her."

"I know, I do, too..." I sighed, let her lean her head on my shoulder.

"It's the first time in 7000 years, one of us has died. I think the deviant that attacked us in London, killed Ajak and absorbed her power."

"Deviants have never done that in the past." Ikaris added, disagreeing.

"Well, it did. Phostos said if anyone of us died, we would just turn pale, like a human. Ajak is grey, that's not normal." I explained, still holding her hand.

"I swear, I almost heard it speak." Sprite swore, leaning forward a bit. 

Suddenly the lights flickered brightly and shut off completely. I whispered, "What the fuck?" 

"Sersi." Ikaris gasped, running out.

I glanced at Sprite and we both shrugged. We ran after him and crouched down next to Sersi and Ajak.

"Sersi! Sersi! Are you okay?" Sprite asked shaking her shoulder.

"What happened, Sersi?" Ikaris asked.

"Way to sound like you care about her well-being." I mumbled at him.

"The sphere that Ajak used to talk with Arishem, it came out of her body and went inside me." She explained confused.

"Did you talk with Arishem?" He questioned, leaning closer.

"Yes. He said: it's almost time." Sersi furrowed her brows.

"For what?" I asked, playing dumb just like Ikaris.

"Can you try talking to him again?" Sprite sat back a little.

"I-I don't know how." She shrugged looking down.

"But she chose you to replace her. And she gave you the sphere." Sprite insisted. 

"Hold on, Sprite. Are you sure you talked with Arishem?" Ikaris asked, pea sized brain moving so slow.

"She did. What else would it be?" I stated, annoyed at him, but once again not trying to show it. Though it was very hard. 

"Mahd Wy'ry." He muttered, looking at me.

"Pff. She doesn't have Mahd Wy'ry." I scoffed, rolling my eyes standing up.

"And how would you know?" Ikaris asked me.

"It's kinda my power, Aris." I chuckled looking around. 

"We have to find the others, quickly. The deviants are still out there. We'll go to Kingo first." Sersi ordered.

"Where is he? Miho?" Sprite asked me. 

"Mumbai." I giggle, remembering what he does for a living.