23.

"DO YOU think it was easy to live with the truth? To know that one day this would all end? To keep on lying to you?" Ikaris asked while I scoffed.

"Yeah, I have been for 6 thousand years!" I screamed, furious at him. He turned to me, glaring into my head.

"You are so pathetic!" Phastos yelled at him.

"I'm an Eternal, Phastos. I exist for Arishem as do you. It's who you are."

"I wouldn't change a singled thing about who I am, born or made. But I do not exist for Arishem, I exist for my family!" Phastos yelled, stepping closer to him.

"Then you are making the same mistake Ajak did." He said, copying his movement.

Suddenly Makkari sped in the room, clueless, 'I found Tiamut.'

Ikaris heated up his eyes, Phastos yelled, "Makkari, no!"

Before he could shoot her, I crouched down and swiped my foot under his legs, causing him to fall.

"Get out of here." Kingo told Makkari, and she was off again.

"Kingo.." Ikaris warned, stepping closer to him.

Kingo started to fire up a blast, pointing it at the man. "You do not turn against your family. Gilgamesh died because of you."

"You won't succeed against me. And I will kill every one of you if I have to." Ikaris threatened, not being affected by the cries of Sersi. He turned around beginning to walk out. 

"Wait." Sprite stopped him. Then it hit me, she was leaving with him. I looked down a tear falling on my sleeve. "I'm going with you."

"Sprite..." Sersi gasped, watching her.

Then Thena walked in, "What is this?" Ikaris started to heat up his eyes, but Sprite stopped him, creating an illusion of millions of fireflies and vanished. 

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

'Why did Sprite go with Ikaris?' Makkari wondered.

"She loves him, cause who just doesn't love Ikaris." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"You guys didn't know that?" Kingo asked surprised no one but us two had figured it out. "He really fooled us, didn't he?"

"Most of us." I fake coughed, covering my mouth with a fist, making Kingo smile at me.

"Karun, let's go." Kingo told the valet. And that hit me too, they were also leaving.

"Wait, where the hell are you going?" Phastos questioned, pointing at them with a golden rod. 

"I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right."

"So, that's it, huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos interrupted him.

"I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this Emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs." Kingo explained, denying Phastos's accusation, starting to walk out but Makkari held his shoulder.

'We need you.' She signed.

"Even with my help, we're no match. It's ikaris." He continued walking. "But... I hope to see you on the next planet."

"Thank you for all you've done... for humanity. It's been a great honor. I will miss you all." Karun recited in Hindi. I smiled softly at him, standing on the left side of the desk next to Druig, as he nodded. 

"Look, if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan."

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so.." Phastos sighed waving his arms around.

"Well, Sersi did turn a deviant into a tree." Druig tattled chewing on more food.

"I'm sorry, what? You didn't wanna tell me that?" Phastos froze staring at Sersi.

'You've never been able to do it before.' She signed confused.

"I don't know how it happened, okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again." She responded sheepishly. 

"Well, now is the time to try, don't you think?" He scoffed.

"Phastos, that deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not to kill it. I can't kill a Celestial." 

"Sersi, Sersi.." Phastos sighed. 

"We can't!" She yelled, snapping. 

I nudged Druig in his side, harshly, contacting his mind. Say something.

"We can't.." She repeated again, looking down.

"It's okay, Sersi. I got this." Druig nodded, reassuring her. She walked out, needing time to think. I sighed heavily, running a hand though my hair. "Phastos, you said you were close, could you continue, please?"

"Right, right..."