14.

── · .゚☆: 5 DAYS BEFORE EMERGENCE, MUMBAI :☆゚. · ──

THE FOUR of us were at a movie set, Kingo's movie set. It was so weird, but enjoyably funny at the same time.

"Cut! Okay, everyone, that was good. But we could do 10% better. That was beautiful. Very, very, good." Kingo yelled, but once he saw us he squealed. Something he does when exited. "My friends from college are here!" He squealed, hugging me first. 

"Miho, it's been so long!" He laughed, pulling away.

"It's only been 16 hundred years Kingo, but who's counting." I chuckled sarcastically.

"Hello, boss! Perfect time! Welcome to the set of Legend of Ikaris." Kingo cried, hugging Ikaris now. "I'm playing you! You like the costume?"

"We need to talk." Ikaris stated.

"Tell the director I have some notes for him-"

"We need to talk to you in private." Sprite demanded, signalling to Karun next to her.

"Oh, Karun, he's worked with me for 50 years. I trust him completely. Actually when we first met, he thought I was a vampire and tried to stake me through the heart." Kingo said, going off-topic.

"I have apologized so many times." Karun informed us sheepishly.

"Not quite enough times. Very close, though. I'll let you know. Oh, I have to get ready for the next scene. Come to my tent, we'll talk there. You guys are gonna love the next scene! I come in on a wire 'cause, you know, I can't fly." He explained walking to his 'tent'. "Wait - Are we getting back together?"

"We need to talk." Sersi demanded, once again.

"I've been waiting for the day the world leans the rue identity of the Shadow Warrior." Kingo continued.

"Ajak's dead." Sprite spat out, making him shut up.

"She was killed." Ikaris stated.

"It was a deviant. They're back. We don't know how many. You need to come with us, now." I ordered.

"I can't just go. I mean, all these people depend on me. We just started shooting this movie. It's the first of its trilogy. We just got BTS to do a cameo-" Kingo explained voice breaking, walking out looking at the large doorway of the set. 

"Sir, may I say something?" Karun asked.

"Please, don't say anything." Kingo demanded.

"I think you should go." 

"I just said don't day anything!" 

"Life affords no greater duty than to protect one's family. Remember? It's your favourite line from The Shadow Warrior 2: Voyage of Time." Karun reminded the actor.

And just like that we were on Kingo's jet, headed to Gil and Thena in Australia.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

I was sitting and reading a book at the back of the jet, away from them. Lost in my book, I felt Sprite sit next to me.

"What happened?" I asked her, marking my page.

"Kingo is vlogging this whole mission, as a 'documentary'." Sprite sighed.

I conjured a mini bag of chips and handed them to her. "Here, I know you're hungry."

"Thanks, Miho." She smiled.

It was rare now at days when she smiled, only happened when she made fun of one of us, but those weren't genuine. 

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

"Nobody ever wonders how you've managed to be a leading man for over a 100 years?" Sprite asked, curious of his situation. 

"Oh, I don't know what you're talking about. That is my great-great-grandfather, this is my great-grandfather, grandfather, father, and me. I'm part of the greatest dynasty in the history of Bollywood. Pretty impressive, right?" Kingo asked, after presenting the movie posters on the wall.

"You abandoned me in Macedonia." Sprite finally spat out, blaming him.

"Not that it's a competition, but I abandoned all of you." I chuckled nose in my book, once again.

"Anyway... Okay, fine, I got sick of moving every five years. People freak out when they notice that you don't-" Kingo trailed off.

"-age." I finished.

Kingo signalled to Karun to cut the video, taking a seat in front of Sprite. 

"Do you know why I love movies? Because of you. I missed sitting in the audience, listening to your stories, watching your illusions." He admitted, silently chuckling at the memories. 

"We should've all stayed together. Ajak would still be alive. She should've never let us go." Kingo sighed, fiddling with his hands on the table.