20.

── · .゚☆: 2 DAYS BEFORE EMERGENCE, CHICAGO :☆゚. · ──

DRUIG, THENA, Kingo, Sprite, Karun, and I were waiting on the jet for Sersi and Ikaris to return. They were recruiting Phastos and at the moment I was sitting next to Druig, reading a book.

Druig nudge my side, "Can I have some food, baby?"  

"You still eat that much?" I mumbled, not looking away from my page.

"Define 'much'." He smirked, leaning his head on my shoulder.

I sighed, conjuring a mini bag of Doritos, handing it to him. "Here, darling."

"Thanks, gorgeous." Druig thanked, pecking my cheek.

"If I had a dollar for every time you said that after I gave you food, I'd be rich." I chuckled, marking my spot in the novel. He grinned opening the bag and chewing one loudly in my ear. I smacked his chest playfully. 

"Can I have one, Miho?" Sprite called out from the bar. 

"Of course." I replied flicking my wrist, suddenly another small bag of chips was on the counter in front of her.

"Thanks!" She yelled back.

"Done." Druig chimed in, getting up to chuck the trash.

"Seriously?" I sighed, once he sat back down.

"What?" He asked clueless.

"Never mind." I close my eyes leaning my head on his shoulder, he swung an arm around my waist. "You know, I watched you leave them."

"What do mean?" 

"I had a vision when you controlled the people and left with them, leaving the team." I was referring to the night Thena was diagnosed.

"I know, I get a feeling when you're watching me." Druig chuckled, drawing shapes against my hip with his thumb.

"Really?" I muttered, almost falling asleep.

"Mhm..."

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

"Miho... Darling." Druig whispered waking me up.

"Mmm...?" I hummed, lifting my head off his shoulder.

"Their back." He announced.

"All right." I sighed awakened. I totally forgot, I still needed to talk with Ikaris. "I'll be back, I need to speak with Ikaris."

Druig nodded as I stood up. I walked down the aisle and sat in front of him, he was seated with Sersi. "Sersi, could I have a moment with Ikaris?"

"Sure, don't hurt him." She reminded me, knowing what we were going to have a chat about. 

"I don't make promises I can't keep, unlike Ikaris here..." I mumbled the last bit as she passed by me. 

"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked, seemingly a bit scarred.

"The promise." I scoffed, leaning my head on my hand. 

"Oh, that...!" He sighed, relieved for some reason. What did he think we were going to talk about? How he killed our leader? How he's going to betray us and let more than 5 billion lives die?

"You left her and hurt her, most importantly!" I yelled quietly.

"Well, what would you like me to do about that?" Ikaris snapped.

"Nothing, but I will." I smirked before clocking him in the nose. He groaned in pain clutching his face, making a few of them look at us. I laughed, before walking away back to my seat with Druig.

"What happened?" He asked curious.

"Oh nothing, just punched him in the nose." I giggled looking him in the eye. 

"God, this is why I love you." Druig admitted, cupping my jaw and kissing me on the lips. 

"I love you, too." I confessed once we pulled apart.