18.

I SIGHED looking down at my combat boots, it had been 2 hours since he left the church. 

"Miho." Ikaris called out, crossing his arms, meters away from me.

I looked up, seeing everyone's eyes on me, in seconds I got the message. "No way."

"Please, Miho. The only way he will is if you talk to him!" Sersi begged.

I groaned, closing my eyes and throwing my head back against the wall. "Fine." I pushed myself off the wall and walked outside, searching for him. I eventually gave up and contacted his mind, Druig. 

It took a moment, but he responded, Yes, gorgeous?

We need to talk.

I thought you'd never ask. He chuckled in my head.

This is serious, sorry to repeat Sersi, but it is, Druig. Where are you? I questioned annoyed already.

Behind you. I turned around and saw him leaning against a house. He walked forward, greeting me, "Miho."

"Asshole." I said back like it was his name.

"I'm sorry, Miho. I should've never even spent time with her, let alone dated her. I only did because she reminded me of you." He apologized, in front of me.

"Well, you're a little late, Druig. 'Sorry' does fix 16 hundred years of damage, now does it?" I scoffed. He stared at me with guilt, sadness, and regret in his eyes. I sighed, remembering why we were here. "Whatever, I'll accept your apology if you come with us." 

Druig smirked tilting his head up like we did thousands of years ago, and I did the same. "Deal." 

I chuckled before wrapping my arms around his neck, and he hugged my waist tightly. "I missed you." I whispered in his ear.

"I missed you more." He sighed in my hair.

We pulled apart, arms still wrapped around one another. Druig's eyes flicked to my lips, he leaned in, connecting them without a second thought. I kissed back, of course. I felt him smile into the kiss, happily. 

We both pulled away, for a much-needed breath, placing our foreheads together. "That was long overdue."

"Damn right." I muttered. I looked around spotting a couple of my fellow Eternals, Sersi and Ikaris were speaking. 

Suddenly a deviant picked up Ikaris and fly away with him. Druig saw it, too. We looked at each other and nodded, understanding each other, and split up. Another one was about to attack Sersi. "Clear the camp!"

Then Kingo shot it, as Sersi fell. "Get behind me!" He yelled shooting two at once. 

I and Sprite helped her up, "One of them took Ikaris."

"He's fine! He can fly. By the way, Druig's coming with us!" I stated.

"Finally!" Sprite exclaimed.

"It's an ambush!" He grunted, striking another and destroying a cabin.

"Very nice, sir!" Karun yelled, recording.

"Are you mental!? Hide!" He questioned.

"We need action sequences. Sir!" Karun shouted, seeing the deviant get back up again.

"Sprite, get Karun out of here." Kingo demanded, powering up an energy ball.

"Kingo. Come on!" Sersi yelled running and helping the people get to a safe place.

Then a deviant whipped its tail at her, throwing Sersi into a house. "Sersi!" I yelled, running to her.

I helped her up, until the deviant started to run at us. Then gunshots echoed through the air, Druig. The humans were shooting it, it wasn't very effective, but it kept the creature distracted. 

Its tail was swigging around, when Druig jumped over it, grabbing a shotgun. He mounted it and shot the back of the deviant's torso.

Sersi walked to a tree and changed into ice, making it fall on the deviant as a cage.

"Druig! Let them go." I yelled, running to him. 

"Now's not the time, Miho."

"Please, Druig, they'll die." I reminded him, cupping his face. He sighed, and lifted his arm, showing off his muscles, letting them go. I let my arms fall to my sides. 

"Druig. What's happening?" A man asked. 

"Go! Get to the river." Druig yelled at the humans.

Abruptly the deviant started to escape, I pulled Druig's arm running from it. The creature chased us, I stopped and conjured a sword. "Keep going!" I told him.