22.

"UNI, MEANING one, mind, meaning mind." He added noticing our blank expressions.

"Oh, no, we heard you the first time." Kingo stopped him.

"Terrible name." Sprite straight up confessed.

"We'll brainstorm... Brainstorm! That's a way better name!" Kingo yelled as if a light bulb just went off in his head.

"No, I invented it, so I'm calling it whatever I want."

"Could you guys shut up? Thank you, Makkari is trying to say something." I groaned, making everyone turn to her.

 'Thank you, Miho. So suppose Druig can, say... put Tiamut to sleep. Then what?' She signed.

"We find humans a new home, on another Planet." Sersi stated. 

"Are we building a big ship, too? Take a pair of each animal?" Sprite commented sarcastically, making Ikaris and I grin at her.

"Well, you know what's never saved the planet? You're sarcasm." Phastos scoffed.

"Space colonization could take decades!" 

"It can happen quickly, with our help." Sersi added.

"What if we end up accidentally killing Tiamut? We could be responsible for billions of lives not being created across the universe. Boss, am I right!?" Kingo asked Ikaris.

"Say something, Ikaris. You don't think we should be doing this." Sprite demanded, making all heads turn to him.

"Ajak chose Sersi to lead us, Sersi should decide." He replied, causing our heads to turn the opposite way.

"Forget who Ajak chose, you're the strongest. You should be making this decision... Fine just keep lying to yourself." Sprite disagreed, stomping out of the room. 

"Sprite." Ikaris sighed, following her.

"Okay, this is not..." Phastos breathed.

"Ikaris!" Kingo called after him.

"Kingo, I... You guys." Phastos exclaimed annoyed.

"They're fine, Phastos, let them go." I reassured him. He nodded sheepishly, going back to work, figuring out a way. 

I turned around, now facing Druig, who had his arms still wrapped around my hips. I kissed his nose softly, smiling when I pulled away.

"What are you doing?" He chuckled, confused.

"What are you doing?" I repeated while smirking, hands resting on his neck. He laughed gently pecking my lips and walking away to sit on the window sill, meanwhile I walked down the hall to my old room.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

While looking out the window in my bedroom, I had a vision: the volcano was erupting therefore the Emergence was starting. It ended, and I gasped, before sprinting down the hall to the laboratory. "It's... starting" I announced out of breath, sitting on the edge of the table. 

"What?" Phastos asked, then the hologram of the globe started to turn red, signalling what I had announced. "Oh, no. My god."

Sersi entered the room at that moment. "What about the Uni-mind?"

"I haven't figured out a way to connect us, but I'm close. I'm very, very close." Phastos explained, panicking.

"How much longer?" She pried.

"I don't know, Sersi!" He snapped, and stepped closer to Makkari. "Find the point of Emergence." He whispered, giving her a hologram projector. And just like that, she ran as fast as she could away, almost making Phastos fall.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

Fidgeting with my rings sitting on the table, Ikaris entered the room. Phastos stated, "I'm close to figuring it out."

But to Ikaris that didn't matter. He cut through Phastos's work and Kingo jumped up, "Boss, what are you doing!?"

The rest of them stood up, but I just stayed sat down, I knew what was about to happen anyway. 

"I've let this go on long enough." He grumbled.

"Don't hurt him!" Sersi yelled, running to help Phastos up. "He lied to us. He already knew about the Emergence."

"No, he didn't." Kingo denied.

"Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon." He explained.

"What...?" Kingo gasped.

"You were never gonna let us stop the Emergence." Phastos realized, glaring at the villain.

"No." Ikaris replied. "I only wanted to protect you from the deviants."

"If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me?" Sersi questioned, bewildered. "What have you done?"

"He killed her." Druig lifted his head, figuring it out.

"It's true, he pushed her off a cliff, watched the deviant's kill her and suck out her powers." I sniffled, running a hand through my hair.

"I had to." 

"She loved you." Sersi shuddered while the others grieved.

"Did she?" He asked, turning red from sadness.

Sersi repeated herself again, "She loved you..."