21.

── · .゚☆: 1 DAY BEFORE EMERGENCE, IRAQ :☆゚. · ──

TODAY WE were recruiting the last candidate, Makkari. We haven't seen her for centuries, meaning not just me, but all of us. I stepped out of the jet, tying up my hair, so sand wouldn't get tangled with it. Once I did, I put on my sunglasses, because of the bright ass sun in our eyes.

Sprite put an invisible illusion on us, the cause being that there were people or scientist near. Druig controlled them to hop in their cars and leave. We walked closer, as Phastos brought up a hologram of our ship, lifting it up with it.

"The Domo... Wow." Karun gasped, shocked at it. I chuckled, starting to enter it with the others.

"A foreboding atmosphere fills the air. And eerie stillness chokes on our lungs." Kingo said to the camera, like he was reciting a dialogue.

"What are you doing? You know, you're creeping us out. You know that righ- OH, OH, god! Stay calm T, please!" Phastos exclaimed when Thena stepped on a chip bag.

"Pff! Ha!" I laughed smiling.

"Chips, it's just chips." Phastos chuckled, picking the bag up and eating a few.

"As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions. Such as cowardice." Kingo explained, making me laugh harder.

I looked up and saw Phastos's lab looking like a museum. "Hey, Phastos! Is that a sarcophagus in your lab?"

"What? Oh, my god." Phastos exclaimed seeing what I had meant rushing in the room.

"This is Makkari, or should I say Miss Havisham?" The movie star introduced. "None of us have seen her for centuries."

'Time to go home?' She signed noticing us.

"Hmm... Not quite." I hummed, tilting my head from side to side. She looked at us in disappointment and confusion.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

As Phastos was trying to figure out how to amplify Druig's powers, the rest of us were around doing things. I was standing next to a table, zoned out, flipping a knife between my fingers.

"So, how did you find my jacket? My gorgeous, gorgeous Miho?" Druig asked pulling me from my thoughts, tugging my sleeve. 

I swatted his hand away, ruffling his brown bangs. "That's a secret, handsome." I stated.

"Why wouldn't you tell your boyfriend then?" He chuckled, tilting his head up as I did. 

"Because I love you." I smirked.

"I'm sorry, what are we watching? Because this... Are you two...?" Phastos interrupted confused.

"Is this new? Because I hate it." Kingo commented, stepping up beside Phastos.

"Phastos, I need to control the mind of a Celestial." Druig reminded him. 

"Okay, get ready for it." He announced signing at the same time. He moved his arms around, creating a hologram of bracelets in the air. 

"Bracelets? You made us bracelets?" Kingo asked boringly surprised.

"So, here's a little Celestial 101." He started to explain as Druig wrapped his arms around me, kissing my temple. 

"Celestials are the most powerful energy generators in the universe. When Arishem made us, he imbued us with infinite cosmic energy to keep our bodies regenerating. The bracelets, in theory, shut down our regeneration process. And once that happens, our bodies accumulate extra cosmic energy." 

"What for?" Sersi asked, bewildered.

"Well, if the deviants can absorb our energy, what if we can absorb each other's energy as well? If I can find a way to connect us all, one of us could become immensely powerful, pulling the rest of the accumulated energy, forming a Uni-mind." Phastos clapped as everyone stared blankly at him.