二十五 | 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

「CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: BACKSTABBER」

NOW PLAYING:
VILLAIN - K/DA
||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||
01:21 ━━━━⬤─────── 03:19

"So we lost a finger?" Y/N questioned. After seeing her brother nod at her question, she pushed her chair back, then proceeded to lean downwards, sighing as she put her face into her hands.

"We lost a fucking finger." She muttered, using the pads of her fingers to rub her eyes, not caring about her surroundings. "We. Lost. A. Fucking. Finger." She repeated, her voice a bit higher.

Y/N closed her eyes, letting the statement resonate throughout her brain. After she processed the thought, Y/N sat up once more, rubbing her face one last time before letting out a sigh.

"Okay. So we lost a finger, there's nothing we can do to change that. But we can get it back, hopefully." The white-haired girl exclaimed, mumbling the last word under her breath.

"Do we have any kind of clue who took the finger?" One of the higher up's on the side asked, their hands resting on the table, their fingers intertwined.

"There was a trace of a certain type of cursed energy around the area where the finger disappeared. It was faint, but I recognised it." Satoru said, leaning back in his chair, before proceeding to cross his hands behind his head.

"Do you think something with cursed energy took it? Like a sorcerer?" Y/N asked, looking over at her brother from behind her sunglasses, her E/C orbs dimming as she stared him down.

Her older brother let out a yawn, slightly leaning his back into the chair a bit more. "Exactly. A sorcerer. One of us." Gasps and whispers began to fill the meeting room, with each higher-up turning to the other closest to them to gossip.

Satoru grinned, his head slightly tilting in Y/N's direction before his smile turned into a frown for a split second, however, he was quick to put the wide grin back on his face and look back at the higher-ups, acting as if nothing happened.

BANG! One of the higher-ups on the side of the table stood up abruptly, slamming his hands on the table at the strongest sorcerer's words.

"You're saying... the theft of the finger was the work of one of us? Preposterous! I won't allow this accusation!-" He started to speak, pointing a finger at the pair of Gojo's in the room with his index finger, his eyes wide.

"He never said it was one of you higher-ups, trash." Y/N lazily interrupted him, squinting her eyes at the opposing group before rolling her eyes behind her sunglasses.

"Well then, Gojo! Tell us about this cursed energy you recognised near the scene of UA! We need to recover that finger!" One of the female higher-ups cried out, her fingers slightly gripping the table at the chaos that had just ensued.

"Very well." His grin dimmed slightly as he leaned forward, now slouching slightly. The white-haired man interlaced his fingers together, resting them on the table in front of him as he began to explain.

"But I must warn you..." Satoru said seriously, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"This is a family matter."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The streets were always cold at night.

With one of the twenty fingers clutched in his left hand and a half-finished cigarette in the other, he lazily walked towards the shady alleyway behind a cafe building, his eyes darting towards the lights outside the entrance to the cafe.