三十二 | 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

「CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: CRUMBLED FACADE」

NOW PLAYING
WIRES - THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||
01:26 ━━━━⬤─────── 03:13

The atmosphere in the tight alleyway became tense as soon as the special grade curse uttered those words. They seemed to echo throughout the small space, reverberating in everyone's ears.

'Gojo Y/N.'

A first name paired with the last name that should've never been said in front of the young heroes. The cat was now out of the bag, at least for a few people.

Y/N stood still, her feet planted on the ground as she looked forward with wide eyes. She tried to focus her vision on Mahito's form, but she couldn't do anything besides zone out, escaping into her head as she began to overthink.

'Oh fuck. Shit, fuck.' Her thoughts were clouded with panic, and Y/N could feel her hands clenching into fists. 'This is bad, really bad. Now Midoriya and Shouto know. Oh God, if the higher-ups find out they know my name-'

The white-haired sorcerer silently panicked, her lip began to tremble. '-They'll be killed. I- I can't let that happen! They didn't do anything wrong-' Her eye twitched, and Y/N could feel her frustration levels rising, a feeling of anger slowly bubbling in her chest.

The two conscious young heroes stood confused after the creature in front of them said a name they didn't recognise. 'Gojo... Y/N? What?'  Who is Gojo? Why was Y/N's first name paired with that last name?

Megumi's eyes quickly gazed at Y/N's two UA classmates with panic for a split second before he looked over towards Y/N's form, and took notice of how her fists were clenched. Her fingernails were digging into the skin of the palm of her hand. 'Shit. This isn't gonna turn out well. She's getting angry.'

It was usually never good when a sorcerer got angry. Of course, it's sometimes helpful if they get angry to a certain extent, but most of the time, it was usually never good.

The phenomenon of cursed energy began with negative emotions, therefore, cursed energy is fueled by negative emotions such as sadness, and anger. If not handled properly, the cursed energy user can spiral out of control, and possibly die.

Would you want to mix an already powerful sorcerer who is the second strongest of their era with negative emotions that will only ramp up their level of destruction and possibly make them lose control? 

With Y/N's power and abundance of cursed energy, no one wanted that to happen.

"Y/N." Megumi called out to the girl, but she didn't seem to hear him. She continued to stand still, anger still brewing in her as she internally stressed about the possible outcomes of this new problem.

On the other side of the alleyway, Mahito continued to laugh as he observed the girl's reaction to his words. It seems that his big reveal was super effective. The little heroes looked confused, and that sealed the deal for Mahito. They really didn't know, as expected.

Finally, he stopped laughing, then let out a sigh. His heterochromatic eyes looked at Stain's unconscious figure once more and now realised that it would be useless to continue to be here for much longer.

"Well, alright. Looks like the game is over, little sorcerer." The special grade curse smirked at Y/N, his smirk only growing wider as the white-haired girl snapped out of her trance, snapping her head slightly to look straight at him.

Mahito then reached into his pocket, before pulling out the crusty purple finger. Y/N's eyes somehow went wider as she watched him dangle Sukuna's finger in the air, waving it around in front of her as if she was a rabbit chasing a carrot on a stick.