01 | Shiganshina High

**Please read***

Hi y'all, this is my first fanfic so cut me some slack. jk critiques/ideas are welcomed <3 !!

Some chapters are in Eren's POV, but they're mostly in yours.

This fanfic is mature so please if you're young, I encourage you not to read. But if you do end up reading anyway, who am I to stop you so...get it ig.
(contains; sex,sexual language,suicidal attempts,strong language, violence, eating disorders.)

(Of course these things aren't mentioned or happening right away, but I'll lyk)

(In this story, Shiganshina is kind of modernized. Everyone in this book are the same age, besides Levi, Erwin and Shadis. Titans are mentioned, but are not present.)

Most of you know how fanfics work, but I'll list how it works anyway for those who don't know. :)

(Y/N) - Your name
(M/N) - Middle Name
(L/N) - Last Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(A/N) - Authors Note
Lmk if I've missed some!

Enjoy...

I woke up to the sound of my obnoxious alarm beeping profusely. Nothing, but the sight of yellow hue and a slight tint of orange fulfilled my room, as the beautiful colors shone through my window. I felt the incredibly warm sunlight, beaming onto my face.

I came to the realization that today is my first day at Shiganshina High School. I had absolutely no indication why I had to go here after being home-schooled practically my entire life, but I was somewhat excited to see how different things would be. Although, I am nervous for my mental state—this was certainly a big change for me.

The school was in walking distance too, so that wasn't much to complain about — except for when the weather gets shitty.

My dad is a business man, which indicates that he's never home because he's always assigned to go on a business trip. That also means that I'm alone practically all of the time. I've gotten use to the idea of me living in solitude anyway.

Although I admit, it truly sucked that right after we got here, he had to leave so suddenly yet again. And when he leaves—he leaves for awhile, so I have to take care of myself mostly. Though, he acted really strange about leaving this go around.

I was not prepared for my first day of school. We had to wear uniforms and my uniform was unfortunately—not ironed. My dad picked it up from the school before he left and I totally forgot to make myself look presentable.

However, I dreadfully put it on anyway.

I tied up my hair with this silky black ribbon my mother gave me before she passed. Ever since that day I lost her, I wore this ribbon frequently to keep the memories of her alive. Besides, I had to look somewhat more decent than I already do anyway. I don't really know how public schools function after all.

Do the girls wear make up?
Is everyone strict and focused all of the time? Are the school rules bearable?

Questions after questions, rumbled inside of my mind. I just didn't want to get made fun of my first day here.

I decided to eat some maple syrup pancakes for breakfast and afterwards, I was ready to head to school. My dad was of course, gone as always, so I never got an "I love you!" Or a "Be safe!" Like most kids, I would assume.