02 | Training

Content warnings; none!

My next designated area was physical training. I'm not too sure why I got put in this class either, but it shouldn't be too hard for me. I trained a lot with my dad growing up and that's all that I ever did, as far as I can remember at least.

It was always eat, sleep, train, repeat.

"Do you have physical training next?" Historia asked me, politely.

"I do." I sighed, giving her a small smile.

"Oh, great! You're with all of us again!" She squealed, clapping her tiny hands together.

Good luck again!

The girls and I went into separate changing rooms from the boys, so they could change into their uniforms. I didn't have mine yet unfortunately, so I waited for them to finish up.

"By the way (Y/N), to test your luck here, you transferred right before the team battle." Annie explained, sighing.

Bad luck again..

After the girls got done changing, we had all entered a classroom. It was absolutely spotless and all of the desks smelled like lemon cleaning supplies. Everything on the shelves were neat, you can definitely tell there wasn't a single thing misplaced.

The desks were in pairs, so I waited for everyone else to sit down, so I knew exactly where to sit and of course, I ended up sitting next to Jean again because he saved a seat just for me.

"Jean, I have a question?" I asked, inquisitively.

"Go for it." He suggested, side-eyeing me.

"Annie told me that I came right before the team battle's about to begin..." I explained.

He waited for me to continue.

"What's that? What is this class?" I asked.

"To explain what this class is, everyday we go out into the fields and practice our combat and self-defense skills. Sometimes we're given a knife and with that knife, you or your opponent are suppose to take the knife out of each other's hand—other times, it's different drills." He explained, thoroughly.

"That's it?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

He chuckled, "No, of course not! There's tons of other things that we do, but of course this is only training." He shyly smiled.

"Training for what?" I asked, nervously.

"I'm getting there—Training for the military, if you want to join of course. It's totally optional, so you don't have to feel pressured." He explained, lightly tapping my shoulder.

"W-what?" I asked, breathlessly.

Don't tell me this a military school of some sort I was forced to go into..I'm not strong enough for any of this.

"Relax. This is what training is for, so you can be prepared for anything that lies ahead." He smiled, confidently.

"So, I'm assuming that I'm going to be fighting against you guys in the upcoming team battle?" I asked, sighing.