10 | I Hate You

Content warnings; mild language

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up to my head pounding horrendously. It felt as if someone were battering the inside of my head with a hammer, persistently. It hurt so bad, it was almost insufferable. Not to mention, my eye felt swollen and it hurt to even blink sometimes. I knew that it had to be bruised up.

"Owww.." I groaned, touching my head only to realize I had bandages wrapped around it.

"Hey! Don't touch your head." Jean said, as he softly grabbed my hand and placed it back on the bed.

"Where the hell am I?" I asked, bewildered. I looked around and perceived that I wasn't in any classroom of some sort, nor was I on the fields like I was suppose to be.

"You're in the infirmary. You've finally woken up." He said, giving me the worried look.

How and why am I here?

"What happened? Why am I here?" I asked, slightly furrowing my eyebrows.

"What do you remember?" Jean queried.

"I remember I was on the field—playfully fighting against you and then any and everything after that was just blank." I explained.

"The best way to put this is, someone had thrown a rock at you and it knocked you out. You hit your head on the ground pretty damn hard." He said, ruffling his hair in frustration.

"Huh!? Why would anyone do that to me? Who did it?!" I asked, anxiously.

"That's the bad news, (Y/N). We still don't know who threw the rock, we're just glad you're okay." He smiled and held my arm.

Does someone hate me that much to potentially throw a rock at me?

"Wait, the battle? Did we win?" I asked, looking up at him.

He sighed, "Sadly, you and I both didn't get to fight. I had to get taken out so that it was fair, but I didn't mind because that meant that I got to watch over you." He lowered his eyes and gave me a relieving smile.

I smiled back.

I know I said I didn't want to fight this go around, but I was actually looking forward to it. Despite me being nervous about it, it would've been challenging and fun.

But someone had to ruin my chance to fight..Who on earth could despise me that much?

I held my tears in the best that I could.

"Where's everyone?" I asked, wondering if they were all okay.

"They were all here a few minutes ago to check up on you, but you were still out cold. I don't know where they are now." He said, shrugging.

"...And Eren?" I asked, reluctantly.

He looked at me, as if he didn't want to answer that question, but he did for my sake.

"He was here too, surprisingly." He answered, shaking his head.

Who would've known Eren cared enough to show up.