09 | Team Battle (Eren's POV)

Content warnings; mild violence :(

Eren's POV

"Eren—Eren! Wake up!" I heard someone say, shaking my arm repeatedly.

"Mmmm, why are you shouting?" I groaned, unpleasantly.

"You need to go to school now, you're almost late." The covers were yanked off of my bed.

I could've been naked...jeez

"You didn't have to wait on me, it's not like I'm fighting in the team battle today anyway." I rolled my eyes.

"Eren, sweetheart, I have no idea what you're talking about." I heard my mom's confusion.

"Shit, I thought I was talking to Mikasa for a second. Sorry, mom." I laughed, nervously.

I noticed her sad eyes, yet again, and it put me in such a bad mood. She's been through so much and she's still struggling.

I'm still pissed that (Y/N) took my spot on the team. It's annoying when you work hard for something and then someone comes and takes it away in an instant.

I hate when people take things away from me, haven't I already gotten enough taken away?

"Well—speaking of her, your friends are outside waiting for you. So, hurry it up mister." She implied, frizzing my hair even more.

"Give me a breaaak." I rolled off bed and fell onto the floor.

"What in the world are you doing?" She asked, worriedly.

"Nothing mom, but can you get out so I can put on my uniform?" I asked, my voice muffled from laying on the floor.

"Are you—are you going to eat this morning? You haven't been eating." She asked, in a sad, but shaky voice.

"I-I'm not hungry, I ate at the banquet yesterday, remember?" I answered. I did eat at the banquet, but it wouldn't digest properly, so when I got home, I ended up throwing it all up. I had to force myself to eat most of the time and I disrelished it, but I couldn't tell my mom that of course. I didn't want her to bear anymore tensity on her shoulders.

Although, I am hungry this morning, I just can't even seem to eat the way that I want to.

"That's right..." She answered in a whisper, before heading downstairs.

I straightened out my uniform and put it on. To be honest, I didn't want to go to school today because the thoughts of me sitting on the sidelines, watching everyone fight infuriated me. Sitting out isn't going to make me stronger.

If only that stupid ODM gear wasn't so hard, maybe I could've been fighting this go around. Or maybe, just maybe, (Y/N) hadn't shown up I would've had a chance to.

After I finished getting ready, I walked out my room and headed downstairs. I looked through the window and saw that Mikasa and Armin were already outside waiting for me, so that we could walk to school together. I don't know why Mikasa just doesn't go to school with Levi, she always has to be with me.