24 | Rumors

Content warnings; foul language, not that much of it though.

Songs i listened to for this chap;
Cry- cigarettes after sex
What a time- Julia Michaels
Pain- Nessa Barrett
never say never- the fray

I woke up with a wrenching headache from trying to formulate multiple scenarios in my head about how I got these sore and painful bruises. I know for a fact that the moment I step into school, my friends are going to ask me a million questions, if not more.

It didn't help the fact that I hadn't been at school either. None of my friends had heard from me since we came back from Paris, though, I didn't bother checking my phone either.

So, I decided I should finally show up to school today. Howbeit, I wanted to stay home a while longer to clear my mind a bit more, but I didn't want anyone to start becoming dubious about Eren and I's whereabouts.

I carefully slipped on my uniform; it had sleeves long enough to cover up my wounded arm, yet, it still didn't provide enough coverage for the rest of my injuries. I went into the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. I didn't have much of an appetite this morning, so I ultimately decided to skip breakfast.

As I was about to head to school, Eren walked downstairs, ushering towards me. He had his hair in his usual messy bun, with loose strands falling into his face. He had the sleeves of his shirt rolled up, exposing his veiny arms and his tattoo.

"Hey, you're just going to head to school without me?" He asked, playfully rolling those mesmerizing eyes of his.

I laughed tensely, "If you-know-who sees us walking into school together, he'll just start an unnecessary argument, you know?" I replied.

"You're right...fucking horse-face." He muttered underneath his breath.

"...Be nice. Anyway, I'll just start walking ahead of you, but once I'm far ahead enough, you can start walking too." I suggested, giving him a light kiss on the lips, before heading towards school.

As much as I wanted to walk to school with Eren, I just can't be seen with him, not yet at least. Eren's closest friends doesn't even know our situation right now, let alone do they know that I currently live with him. I plan to keep it this way, though, at least until I figure out what I'm going to do about Hitch and Jean anyway.

I finally arrived to school and once I entered the entrance hall, the school's aura hit me like a brick. Something about me showing up today just didn't feel right. I sensed that all of the eyes were on me, and they were, in fact. I walked down the hallway, side-eyeing everyone pointing at me and whispering amongst themselves or to their friends.

What the hell is going on?

"Is that the girl he beat up?" I heard a random girl whisper to her friend.

"I feel so bad for her, he's such a dick!" Another person whisper-shouted out loud. I looked over at her and creased my eyebrows.

"She shouldn't have came to school like this, I know I wouldn't." Another person stated. It was continuous whispers upon whispers, as everyone's eyes trailed every step I took.

"Maybe she deserved it.." Another person had said, before I swiftly felt a soft hand pull me into a vacant classroom. I noticed it was Armin and he didn't look as content as he normally would.