14 | Fate

Content warnings; none

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping lustily. I gazed up at the morning sky that was an amalgam of blue and purple. I felt Eren's mellow arm still reposing on my stomach, my body still covered in his black jacket that had my blood-stains on it. He was sleeping soundly, as his little breaths were tickling my neck.

I hated him almost passionately, but for some reason his touch was solacing. I didn't feel worried a second longer around him, instead I felt safe and warm.

What am I even thinking right now? My head must be up my ass.

I heard the distant crunching of leaves and branches breaking yet again, so my first instinct was to wake Eren up. I shook his body repeatedly and he didn't budge, so I slapped the top of his head.

"What the fuck?" He asked, looking over at me.

"I hear—I hear the crunching again. I think the bear's back." I told him, my anxiety boiling up again.

"So, your first instinct was to slap the fuck out of me?" He replied, looking irritated.

He quickly sat up, once he heard the crunching and told me to remain as still as possible. I didn't know how he was able to stay so calm in terrifying situations like these.

"There you guys are! Oh my god!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

Jean and Historia appeared with the most fretting expressions on their faces. I felt so bad for making them worry like this, but I knew that it wasn't entirely my fault. However, I was right about someone coming to look for us and I was so thankful that they came all the way out here.

"What the hell is going on?" Jean asked, slightly unsettled, as he noticed Eren was holding on to me and I was sheltered with his jacket.

"It's nothing. I'll explain once we get out of here. I don't want to be in here a second longer." I said nervously, removing his jacket off of me. I stood up and kept my distance away from Eren.

"What happened to your head?" He asked concerned, walking up to me to examine the cut.

"Long story short, I fell." I replied, twiddling with my fingers.

He frowned, "Eren, did you do this to her? Stay the hell away from her asshole!" He yelled, pulling Eren's shirt and then punching him in the face.

Eren swiftly stood up and pushed Jean away from him. "No, I didn't. Quit acting like she's your object." He retaliated, wiping his bloody nose.

"I'm not. She just doesn't need to be around you, idiot!" He argued back.

"Please, you think I'd voluntarily be around her? Maybe if I didn't get dragged into this bullshit, I wouldn't be standing here." He disputed.

"She doesn't even like you, how could she have possibly drawn you into this?" He asked, irritated.

He sighed, "I didn't want her walking in these shitty woods alone, so she told me to come with her. There's nothing else to it." He replied.

"Jean, please just stop! I'll explain later, I said." I screamed at him, causing him to restrain his temper.

Historia ran up to me to give me a hug. "I'm just glad you're both okay. The others are back at the cabin waiting for us." She said relieved, tears falling down her rosy cheeks.