07 | ODMG Training

content warnings; mild language

It was finally morning and I had gotten dressed for school. I devised on leaving my ribbon at home today because god knows what kind of training Levi's gonna put us through. I ate a small bowl of lucky charms for breakfast, with a piece of buttered toast. I wasn't too keen on eating in the mornings—I just didn't want to practice on an empty stomach.

I walked to campus and met up with Historia and Ymir in the hallway. I still couldn't get use to me having friends, I've yearned for this my entire childhood.

"Woah, (Y/N)! I almost didn't recognize you. Your hair is beautiful, by the way." I was greeted by a cheerful Historia, who petted my hair, as if I were a dog. It was the cutest thing ever.

That's one way to make your day better.

Behind her, was Ymir and she stared at me with a vacant facial expression.

"Hi, Ymir..." I muttered, hesitantly.

"I can get my hair like that too, you know. If I do so, will you marry me after?" She questioned Historia, ignoring my presence.

She giggled.

Shortly after, I saw Connie, Sasha, and Jean approaching us. I was excited to talk to them, they are the most entertaining, yet funniest trio I've ever met.

"Oh, (Y/N)! You're so beautiful." Sasha sang as, she ran up to me.

"Oh, Sasha! How do you feel about an extra lunch today?" I asked her, feeling just a tad bit generous.

"You're an Angel!" She blushed and started bawling.

"Your hair, it looks great! I've never noticed the length of it. You go girl!" Connie smiled, his mouth slightly parted.

I laughed.

"You look uh—great, as always!" Jean beamed at me, I could tell he seemed nervous speaking to me.

"Awww, is the horse crushing already?" Connie nudged him.

"Shut it, you tennis ball!" He yelled back.

"How about we head to class now?" Historia questioned.

We had all walked to Erwin's class and for some reason, I felt nervous to see Eren today, especially after our awkward encounter at my front door yesterday.

He said sorry.

A guy like him said sorry to the girl he's insulted multiple times.

I didn't want to walk in because I knew he was most likely already inside sitting down, but I had to attend class anyway.

As I walked in we made eye contact, the same eye contact we had when I opened my front door. Only this time, he promptly frowned at me like he was incensed. I instantly looked away, since that was my cue to not stare at him any longer. Albeit, I wanted to ask him why he apologized to me yesterday.

I don't get why I don't have the courage to speak to him.

I think I know why, it's because he doesn't like me. Aside from that, I have to keep my distance anyway. I didn't wanna make Jean mad.