13 | Astrayed

Content warnings; mild language

The morning crept on me yet again, except this time I didn't feel a single ounce of contentment when I had woken up. I sighed and got myself ready because we have to be at school at the appointed time. Otherwise, the bus would be leaving anyone who's late and that means getting chastised from Levi for 'skipping out.'

I decided to keep my French braid in. In lieu of wearing my ribbon, I decided to re-establish it with a hair tie. We didn't have to wear our uniforms to the campsite, so I concluded that I should wear something more revealing, since it's warm and sunny this morning. I threw on another one of my halter tops which was pink, and some sports shorts and shoes.

I grabbed my duffel bag and walked to school, eating a banana on the way. God, this is going to be exceedingly wearisome. Spending an entire day outside in the wilderness is not my perception of entertainment. I entered the entrance hall and noticed a bunch of students from Shadis's class patiently waiting. I found Historia standing by her locker, holding a bag that's about the same size as her.

"Hey!" I walked up to her, planting a bright smile on my face.

"Oh, Hi! Are you ready for the campsite?" She asked, cheesing. She seemed to be stoked about it, but I have no idea why. She wore a gym clothes set, which I undoubtedly adored. It was a grey seamless crop top with matching leggings.

"No, not really. I'm dreading this actually." I told her honestly.

"I know it's gonna suck, but we've got to make the most of it, you know? I heard there's a lake, so I brought a bathing suit." She jumped up and down from anticipation. I had absolutely zero clue there was a lake, but I mean it's kind of obvious. What kind of campsite wouldn't have a lake?

"Shit, I didn't bring one." I sighed, being annoyed with myself. That would've been my only source of fun, being able to swim.

"You can swim in the clothes you have on now?" She suggested, kindly.

Yeah, so I can be uncomfortable the whole time, no thanks.

"I would, but that would be uncomfortable for me." I laughed, shyly.

"Hey, beautiful!" I heard Jean's sweet voice coming from behind. I spun around and smiled at him as he wore a tank, showing off his brawny muscles. He looked so appealing.

"Oh my—Hi there." I said, as my eyes trailed his whole entire body. I wasn't trying to make it too evident and I'm sure he espied, but I couldn't help myself. Anyways, I don't think he really cared.

"Stop looking at me like that, you're making me blush!" He said, smiling at me.

I looked over at Historia to see if she was watching this exchange between Jean and I. She was in fact, listening and watching, which made me redden. She gave me a wink and a nod, indicating that I should continue what I was doing.

"I'm sorry, you just look very good." I admitted, shyly staring up at him.

He laughed, "I'm just teasing you, but thank you (Y/N), that means a lot coming from you!" He said, winking at me.

Behind him was the rest of the group, whom I was eager to see. Ymir of course, found her way to Historia, pestering the innocent girl about marrying her. Howbeit, they come across as inseparable and I found that lovely. Sasha and Connie were of course their usual selves, goofing around and what not. Sasha had about five bags of snacks, so I'm sure food wouldn't be an issue for her.