03 | Training (Eren's POV)

Content warnings; none

Eren's POV

The annoying new girl seemed to be making friends and getting all of the attention quickly. It's no surprise that horse-face Jean was probably trying to hit on her already. I swear he hits on every girl he thinks he has a chance with—It's actually repulsive.

However, she irritated me for some odd reason. I couldn't find myself to even get up to introduce myself.

It was time for training with Levi and I knew it was going to be another easy day of me kicking ass.

I pretty much ignored everyone besides Mikasa, who was nagging in my ear, continuously asking if I was okay.

"You're awfully quiet today, Eren." Mikasa admitted, in a saddened tone.

"Is something bothering you that I should know about?" Armin questioned, nervously chuckling.

"I'm fine, guys. You don't have to be on my case so much Mikasa, I can take care of myself." I sighed, annoyingly.

Mikasa seemed to ignore the fact that I've always said that. It's like everywhere I go, there she was following my every footstep. Every time we'd argue about it, Armin was always there breaking up the fight and containing the peace. It's safe to say that he was the official peace-maker of the group, the rational one, and we'd be in total shambles without him for sure.

"I'm on your case so much because I care. Do you not understand that?" She sighed, rolling her dreary grey eyes.

"I do, but it's annoying when you're following me every second of the day." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Guys, we don't need to argue about this right now." Armin noted.

"Alright. You annoying brats, as you know the team battle is coming up real soon and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you getting your ass beat." He explained.

Ha, not me though.

"That means I want you all to prove yourself extra hard—without getting your uniforms dirty and this room better be spotless before we head out to the field—especially you Sasha, with your inadequate eating habits." He ordered, as he shook his head.

"I've also noticed we have a new student. Why don't you come up here and introduce yourself?" Levi stated, his glare started focusing on her.

I looked at her as well and she looked distinctly timorous. Not to mention her uniform was wrinkled and her hair looked a hot mess—talk about poor presentation. I rolled my eyes.

I don't get why everyone is so fixated on her. It's actually annoying. She's not anything special.

I watched her get up from her seat and walked towards the front of the classroom. She just stood there like a weirdo, not uttering a damn word.

"Well?" He said, motioning her to speak.

"I'm-I'm (Y/N), though some of you know that already. I don't know what to say, this isn't an interview." She shrugged and looked at Levi, uneasily.

No way she spoke to him like that.

"I see you're not one to hold back on your thoughts. What school were you from?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.