05 | Iniquity (Eren's POV)

Content warnings; mild violence

Eren's POV

I flumped down at the lunch table after ignoring (Y/N), but for whatever reason, it just didn't feel right.

I continued to ignored my exasperating thoughts anyway, but for some reason I couldn't stop eyeing her. She was so engaged with everyone and had a happy smile on her face and it was so bothersome.

How could anyone be so happy and cheerful like that?

"Lunch is always so hectic whenever we're near that table. Anyway, I plan on properly introducing myself to (Y/N) sometime, since I never got the chance to. You wanna come with me when I do it, Eren?" Armin asked me, politely beaming at me.

Why in the hell is he asking me that? I don't care enough to talk to her or even be around her.

I frowned, "You can't do that on your own? I've already babied you enough." I asked him, avoiding eye contact with him.

"No need for your rude remarks, Eren. I want you to come because it gives you the chance to actually talk to her, without being so hostile of course." He replied, with a worried smile on his face.

"No. There's no reason for me to talk to her, she's not my friend." I explained, dryly.

"That's the whole entire of point in getting to talk to her, so you can be friends." He stated, face palming himself.

"Eren is right, after all she acted out." Mikasa stated, firmly.

"For once, you're not annoying." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Acted out? Guys? She was just doing what we're suppose to do. Hello, practice drills anyone?!" He threw his hands up in annoyance.

"I get that, but she took it way too far." Mikasa stated calmly, eating her soup.

"You guys are so stubborn, it's ridiculous." Armin rolled his eyes.

"Eren, you need to eat. You don't eat your food every time lunch is served." Mikasa pointed out, looking over at me.

"There you go, acting like my mother. I don't like the food here, so I don't plan on eating it." I replied, pushing the tray away from me.

"It's not about you not liking it, it's about you needing to eat." Armin butted in, Mikasa nodding in agreement.

I Ignored him for a brief moment, once I heard Hanji slam her hands on the table. I looked over there, first looking at Hanji and then my eyes shifted towards (Y/N). She had a worried, yet confused look on her face.

Wonder what those guys are talking about. Probably something stupid as always.

"I wonder if they've told her what we're really training really for." Mikasa stated, looking over her shoulder.

"If they did, she'd probably drop out like the weakling she is." I shrugged, staring down at the table.

"Well, I have an important book and a ton of homework to do. So, I'll catch you guys later!" Armin grabbed his things and headed out the door, along with the rest of our classmates, besides (Y/N).