12 | Partners and Projects

Content warnings; none:)

I woke up, the side of my head relishing into my soft silk pillow. I noticed that my body was in the weirdest position, probably indicating that I've slept really well. My left leg was dangling off of the bed, the other slightly bent. But as luck would have it, I felt well-rested and buoyant.

Despite the fact of my headache that was slightly more tolerable, I haven't had a goods night sleep like this in forever. I removed the covers off of me and hopped out of my snuggly bed.

I ran down the stairs, only to see Jean halfway on the floor. His legs were somehow still on the couch, but his upper body was hanging off of it and it was quite hilarious let me tell you.

I'm sure he slept as good as me, maybe even better, considering how his current sleeping position is. I grabbed his muscular arm and tried pulling him up, but he didn't budge.

"Come on, get up horse face! We've got school in half an hour!" I yelled as noisily as I could.

He moaned and ignored me, as he continued to lay on the floor in this awkward position. That's when I bent over and decided to flick the back of his head with my fingers.

"Ow, what was that for!?" He said, as he tried to sit up, but ending up smacking his head on the coffee table. I laughed hardily, as I watched him struggle to sit back up, he was entertaining me already. He was finally sitting up, but the look on his face was utterly priceless.

"You done laughing at me?" He asked, jokingly and I playfully nodded, giggling at him. I was standing over him, as I watched him stretch— He looked so much hotter in the morning.

"What's with the bird's nest?" He asked, plastering a confusing look on his face. By bird's nest, he was most likely referring to my bed head. I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms.

"You don't get to make fun of me with yours looking like that!" I pointed at him, like a child.

"If I recall, you said you liked it this way." He smirked at me. He was right, for some reason that bed head hair looked so cute on him. It stuck up in all directions, looking like he got electrocuted.

"Come here, let me fix yours for you in return for fixing mine." He softly grabbed my wrist and pulled me on top of his warm, but soft and comforting body. He started rubbing his hands all over my hair, messing it up even more than it already was.

"I think you made it worse!" I looked up at him smiling, staring into his light brown eyes.

"That's impossible because you're even more beautiful in the morning." He whispered softly, removing some pieces of my crazy hair out of the way, so he could see my face more distinctly.

I blushed immensely—I was overwhelmed with butterflies. I was utterly speechless because I didn't know how to respond to such a sweet compliment like that. I always thought that I looked like shit whenever I woke up, but someone as sweet as him thought the total opposite. I cuffed his cheeks with my hand and stroked them lightly.

He put his large cordial hand over mine and kneaded it ever so delicately. He gave me a breathless kiss, with his velvety lips and as he departed his lips from mine—I felt like I was floating.