26 | Always You

Content warnings: mild language.

songs I listened to;
dandelions-Ruth B
somewhere only we know- Keane

A couple of dismally and tedious days had passed and the annual spring dance was finally held tonight. I wasn't so sure if I wanted to go anymore, but Historia strongly insisted. A part of me was hoping that Eren would be there, but the other part of me didn't want to see him.

School was the same old routine, a lengthy lecture and another confounding day with the neat freak. Except this time, I had to run twenty laps around the field because I didn't wear my uniform for the past two days. Jean and I moved passed the dispute between the both of us, though, we haven't spoken to each other since. I hadn't talked to Eren either, since he offered to leave me alone.

"...I am so excited! Usually, I don't really care about these school functions, but Armin asked me!" Annie said, softly blushing.

"So cute, so happy for you! You know, that guy at the banquet—Levi's personal chef? I'm going with him." Sasha replied, crunching on her potato chips.

"Niccolo?! How in the world are you going with him?" Hanji queried, leaning in closer to her.

"Well, turns out, we actually have a lot in common. Besides, he really liked that I enjoy his food—he said no one ever enjoyed it as much as I did." She stated, smiling from ear to ear.

"(Y/N), you excited to go with Jean?" Mikasa asked, but her tone seemed passive aggressive.

My face reddened, as I lowered my head, hoping they wouldn't see my perceptible blush. I started fidgeting around with my fingers, pensively coming up with some sort of answer without everyone trying to pry.

"...Oh—uh, I'm not going with anyone. Not that I didn't want to, it's just that I'd much rather go by myself." I replied, giving everyone a sarcastic smile.

"...What happened with you and Jean?" Ymir asked, squinting her eyes, as if she was trying to analyze me. Everyone else's eyes focused on me, intensely waiting for an answer I couldn't give.

Historia sighed and rolled her eyes, "Nothing happened—they're fine. She just doesn't want to go along with anyone. We talked about this yesterday, didn't we, (Y/N)?" She said, looking over at me, as she noticed how uncomfortable I felt.

"Y-yeah." I agreed.

"Alright, fine. Mikasa, who's your date?" Ymir sighed, turning her eyes towards Mikasa.

"...Oh, right. I'm going with Eren." She spoke, tugging on her scarf.

I stared up at her, slightly creasing my eyebrows, as I felt a sudden wave of irritation cloud up my mind. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily. I had no clue why it was bothering me so much that he was going with Mikasa.

"...Don't you think it's best he goes alone?" I unintentionally asked, causing some eyebrows to raise.

"No, why would you say that?" She retaliated, as if she were offended.

I didn't answer, I just sat there and patiently waited for all of us to start getting ready. Ultimately, that time came after our small talk. I went over to Eren's yesterday and had Carla retrieve my dress for me because I didn't want to see Eren's annoyingly attractive face.