20 | Empty

Content warnings; mental breakdown, self-harm, suicidal thoughts and attempt.

I roused to Ymir and Historia making a raucous with their loud voices. I noticed that the sky was an amalgam of light pink and blue. It was approximately five in the morning and our flight leaves at Eight. I wished that I could stay here forever, Paris is beautiful and there's so much more I wanted to do. It felt like a dream that was now coming to an end.

The thoughts of Eren kissing me was still on my mind as well. I wanted to confront him about it, but at the same time, I didn't want to pressure him into spilling his feelings. However, I've been feeling very vague and I don't know why it felt like something ignited inside of me when the kiss happened.

"Good morning, besties! We have to leave in a couple of minutes, so make sure you have everything." Historia spoke, tightly holding her luggage.

"But I don't want to leave!" Sasha whined.

"Yeah, I don't want to leave either!" Hanji shouted, reluctant to get out of bed.

"I'm sorry, but we have to. Maybe next time, we'll stay longer." Historia half-smiled.

I sighed and went straight to the bathroom to do my morning routine. Afterwards, I threw on some comfy clothes I had brought with me. I gathered all of my other clothes and personal belongings and packed them inside of my duffel bag. We exited out of our hotel room, saying goodbye to it and met up with the boys and Levi in the main lobby. I dissociated myself from everyone and remained quiet.

"Hey, you're awfully quiet." Jean smiled, approaching me.

I shunned him and gazed at Eren, who was conversing with Armin and Mikasa. As my eyes locked onto him, butterflies swarmed inside of my tummy. He swiftly looked over at me, our eyes locking into one another, but his dilated at the sight of me. He turned his attention back to his friends and a burning sensation suddenly fulfilled my chest.

What the fuck is this feeling?

"Um (Y/N), why are you staring at Eren?" Jean questioned me, his tone becoming more serious.

"What?" I replied, feeling disoriented.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)? You're acting a bit strange." He asked me, with a concerned look on his face.

"Just tired." I responded dryly.

I distanced myself from Jean, but he didn't seem to notice. For some reason, I just didn't have the vitality to talk to him right now. All of us had entered the city bus the moment it had ultimately appeared. Instead of sitting next to Jean like I did before, I sat in the very front, away from everyone else, but across from Levi.

"Why aren't you sitting with those idiots you call your friends?" He asked me, crossing his legs and drinking hot tea.

"I'm just tired and not in the mood for conversations." I answered, looking outside of the window to admire the view one last time.

"You sound like me." He stated, staring straight head.

The whole entire bus ride to the airport, was just me thinking about Eren, Levi staring into space, Sasha complaining about food, Connie cracking dad jokes, and everyone else just having normal conversations. We had finally arrived at the bustling airport, with our passports in our hands. After what felt like an everlasting queue we had to wait, we finally entered our plane after it landed.