Chapter 4 S2

Midnight: those at the top will suffer more.  You'll hear this many times as you attend UA. This is what "plus ultra" means! Y/n Gojo, who placed first in the qualifier, is worth ten million points!

You had a giant smile on your face.

Y/n (thoughts): this. Is. Exciting!

Midnight: now then, I will explain the rules of the cavalry battle. The time limit is 15 minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!

Momo: which means...

Sato:... Since there are 42 people, there will be ten or twelve teams on the field the whole time?

Aoyama: that's tough.

Mina: one strategy could be to let someone take your points first so you'll be more free.

Tsu: it's hard to say without seeing how all the points end up getting split up, mina.

Midnight: during the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks. But it is still a cavalry battle.
You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! (huh?! But your quirk can only push and pull from distance!) you'll be removed immediately!

Katsuki: damn.

Y/n: what about me? My quirk can push and pull people from range, can I not use those? What if people make themselves fall?

Midnight: you must be careful on how you use it.

The screen changed to a 15-minute timer, it read "make your team".

Y/n (thoughts): okay, easy.

You went over to Mina and she joined, that's 1 person. You went over to Jiro and she joined, 2 people. You went over to Iida and he joined, that's the team. perfect! You would've joined Katsuki if he wasn't going to be a rider.

You saw Izuku ask Iida which made you feel bad.

Y/n: sorry, Izuku, needed him for the perfect team.

...

The timer ended.

Midnight: now then, it's about time to get started!

Present mic: three! Two! One!

Midnight: start!

A lot of people ran at you.

Y/n: don't worry guys. Iida get us out of here!

Iida sped up taking us out of there. Mineta's team began to attack you, followed up by silver's. Mineta was hidden so you took his headband by pulling it. You then pushed silver took silver's. You heard explosions behind you, you looked back to see Katsuki behind you, his hand getting closer to the band, then stopping.

Y/n: Jiro!

Jiro: okay!

She shot jacks at him, hitting him directly. Sero launched tape and grabbed him before he fell. You knew Izuku would try to get other headbands while people focus on getting yours- Todoroki was attacking you.

He had momo, Aoyama (couldn't think of anyone else), and kaminari.

Y/n: Iida get us out of here!

You ran out of there and kept getting headbands. Todoroki had cornered you.

Y/n: Iida run left! Pinky melt the ice!

As Mina threw acid at it, you shot a red ball breaking the weakened ice. You all the band on your head, you took all the bands. Folded them so numbers aren't visible.

Y/n: Does anyone want the 10 million band? Here you go!

Present mic: what's this? Team Gojo threw away all their headbands!
You pushed the bands in the air as they spread apart. They fell to the floor slowly as teams ran to get them.

5 seconds left...

You pulled the 10 million to you, you put a mark on it just before.

Times up!

Present mic: last-minute retrieval giving team Gojo first place!

The crowd cheered.

Aizawa: he threw all the headbands, so the other teams would be distracted then he grabbed the 10 million headband.

...

Present mic: in first place, team Gojo!

Y/n: wooo! We won pinky!

Mina: yes, we did!

Jiro: next time, tell us before you throw the bands...

Present mic: in second place, team Todoroki! In third place, team Bakugo! In fourth place, team Midorya! Now, we'll take an hour break for lunch before we start the afternoon festivities! See ya!