Living Purdy- Don't Utter Out A Single Word

I was so happy that Cayden was waking up for good! I ran to the nurse's station and stopped at the desk panting like a mad woman which caused some to stare. But I didn't care!

"Cayden..Leverett..room-room 269..is-is waking up! We need a doctor!" I panted trying to catch my breath. Brooke caught up to me and gripped onto the desk breathing hardly as well. I looked up over at her and smiled, I was utterly happy with what was going on. A tall male doctor come over in our direction and lead us down the hall to Cayden's room.

"Mr. Leverett? Can you understand me? I'm going to remove your breathing tube and when I remove it I want you to try talking" the doctor instructed. The doctor carefully pulled out Cayden's tube and set threw it in the trash bin. "Mr. Leverett?" Cayden looked over at me and smiled.

"Autumn!" he said hoarsely. I cried walking over to him and hugged Cayden as tight as I could without hurting him. I looked up at the man I loved and kissed him long and hard. We pulled back and stared at each other for a few minutes. "I love you"

"I love you too" I whispered. Cayden's doctor smiled at us and checked out Cayden for a few seconds to make sure he was fully ok and said everything was going well. I'm so glad Cayden survived this, if he didn't.. I wouldn't go on living anymore.

"Hello?" we all looked over to the door and saw my dad and the guys standing there with smiles on their faces.

"Dad!" I squealed while getting up to hug him. I rushed over and gave my dad a tight squeeze and looked at him smiling. "Cayden's alright, dad. He made it!" I smiled

"He's a strong warrior" he said smiling walking over to see Cayden. My dad sat  on the edge of his bed and smiled at Cayden. "How ya feelin', dude?"

"Throat's a little sore and my chest hurts. But all in all, not too bad, Ash" Cayden stated.

"Well I'm glad you're awake and talking because I have some news." my dad said looking towards me. News? What kind of news?

"Ash?" Brooke asked confused

"Cayden, I know we've never gotten on the right foot in the past. But you treat my daughter, my granddaughter, and our friends and family with great respect. You're a good man and I couldn't imagine Autumn being with anyone else. Cayden, I'm giving you permission to marry Autumn." HOLY. SNICKERS!!! My dad just gave Cayden permission to marry me! I think I'm going to faint.

"Dad?!" I said looking at him. "Are you serious?"

"Autumn, I thought it over. You deserve it and I've been being selfish about your happiness and Cayden makes you happy, so let it be." I got up smiling and walked over to my dad and hugged him, not letting go. All the guys in the room cheered and congratulated me and Cayden. "So Cayden? Las Vegas for your bachelor party?" my dad asked smirking. Of course he would ask that.