Living Purdy- 3 Months Later

Autumn's POV

Seriously laying here on this couch is just awful. Just awful! I sleep for over two hours and when I finally wake up I have no idea has to what's going on. I hate dying. I can barely eat or drink anything and my body temperature has no idea where it wants to stay at. Some days its normal, some days I run a 101 degree fever. Just poor suffering here and I can't take no more.

"Hello, my dear!" Cayden smiled taking a seat by my feet. "Would you like some water or ice chips?"

"No" I replied "I'm just tired"

"Well why don't you get some rest? Close your eyes for a little bit" he smiled. I just smiled at Cayden and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by darkness and I couldn't hear or see a thing.

Ashley's POV

"Is she still asleep?" I asked before heading up the steps. The living room was all dark, except the light that was coming from the tv Cayden was watching. I looked at my watch and it said 10:30pm. Autumn had been sleeping since 12pm.

"Yeah, I've been checking up on her though. She's alright." Cayden said pushing back Autumn's hair.

"Alright, well I'm headed off to bed. Call for me if anything happens. Good night." I said walking up the steps and into my bedroom. Brooke was already covered up and had her nose buried in one of her books. I smiled and planted a light kiss on her cheek before checking Twitter updates.

Autumn's POV

I was still surrounded in darkness, until I saw a white figure walking towards me. They stopped a few feet in front of me and beckoned me to come closer to them. I walked over to them and followed their feet up to their face. It was my mom.

"Mom?" I asked

"Shh" she said placing her hand on my face. "Just follow me." I smiled at my mom and walked with her until we reached a white picket fence. It was extremely bright and a slight breeze was blowing. Once we stepped through the gate, it felt like I was walking on clouds. I didn't feel so weak, so sick. I felt like I could run a hundred miles, until it finally hit me. I died. I looked around as my ears picked up the sounds of crying. I looked over to a mirror like frame and saw Cayden holding my head in his arms crying, begging me to wake up. I'm dead.

Ashley's POV

"ASH!! ASHLEY, WAKE UP!!" Cayden yelled running into my room. He tore the covers from me and Brooke and began to shake me violently. "Ashley! It's time! Autumn went!" Cayden screamed, running down the steps and ran over to the couch. Brooke and I ran down the steps and I stopped right in the middle of the living room. There was my daughter on the couch. Dead. Autumn wasn't breathing, talking, or sitting up. She was dead!

I walked over to Autumn's lifeless body and placed my hand on her face, crying. "OH, AUTUMN, NO!!" I screamed hugging her pale, lifeless body. I kneeled down on the floor and rested my head on her chest, crying like a big baby. Autumn was gone. She was gone! My daughter was gone! Cayden walked out onto the patio, slamming the door and hung his head over the railing, bawling his eyes out.

"I'll go call hospice." Brooke cried, walking into the kitchen. Even though I didn't want any nurses coming to the house, Brooke still kept the number just in case the day came and unfortunately it happened tonight. I stared down at Autumn and shook my head in disbelief. I couldn't believe that Autumn was dead. No more tours for her, laughs with her daughter, or laughs with me. Nothing. She was gone.

Cayden walked back in wiping his eyes and kneeled beside Autumn. Once he looked at her again, the tears fastly poured out of his eyes. He rested his forehead on Autumn's stomach and hardly sobbed, soaking the shirt on her lifeless body. Brooke walked over, sitting on my lap and buried her head in my neck. I could feel the side of my neck getting wet from Brooke's tears.

"You know Autumn was lady, Ash. And a lady always knows when to leave" Brooke cried, hugging me tightly.