Living Purdy- I'm Gonna Love You Through It

"Autumn? Autumn, can you hear me?" I heard as my eyes began to flutter open. The whiteness of the room and lights, caused me to keep my eyes closed for another minute. I finally opened them and saw Cayden hovering above me, smiling. "Hi there, sleepyhead" he smiled running his hand through my hair.

"Cayden" I croaked out smiling slightly

"Autumn? How are you feeling, baby girl?" I looked over to my left and saw my dad standing there, holding Chasity

"Just a little sore. Dad, I'm sorry for being such a pain these past few days"

"You? Be a pain? No way. You're the best daughter in the world, I'm glad I have you in my life" he smiled down at me before kissing my head. I smiled a little bit, closing my eyes, sighing. I heard a knock on the door and saw the guys and their girlfriends walk in with balloons and teddy bears.

"Hey, is it alright for a little visit?" Andy asked smiling

"Yeah, come on in. Autumn just woke up" Brooke said smiling. Andy walked over, hugging me lightly and handed me a brown teddy bear with bandages on it.

"Thanks, Andy. I love it, it's adorable" I smiled playing with the bear's fur. As soon as everyone walked into my room, my doctor entered as well. Oh great.

"Can I talk to the family, alone?" he asked. My parents and Cayden stepped out of the room as I sat quietly in my bed, scared to death.

Ashley's POV

"She's going to need the chemo" the doctor said staring at us. "We took as much as we could without damaging other organs. Without the chemo, your daughter as a small chance of surviving this."

"What about medications?" Cayden asked

"She'll be getting that as well. Now I could suggest that you have hospice come to your house and help out as well"

"No, Autumn has plenty of people that can help her through this. We'll just schedule her appointment and see how her first treatment goes" I chimed in. I don't want or need a nurse coming to my house to care for my daughter. We're all going to help her through it.

Autumn's POV

The guys and girls had left to get some food, so I was sitting in the room by myself, playing with the bear Andy had given me. The creaking of the door opening caught my attention and snapped my head up. It was only Cayden.

"Hey" I smiled at him

"Hey, I brought you some apple juice in case you were thirsty" he said setting the small juice box on my tray.

"Thanks, but maybe later. Mom and Dad are still in the cafeteria?"

"Yeah, listen Autumn I have to tell you something" Cayden said sitting next to me

"What?"

"The doctor was talking with us and..you're...Autumn..you have to get the chemo done" What?! No! But I can't get this done! I don't wanna be deathly sick all the time! And mostly lose my hair! I don't want this!

"Cayden" I lowered my head, crying silently. Cayden carefully wrapped his arms around my shoulders, rocking me slowly and kissed the top of my head. "Cayden...I-I don't wanna do this! I can't lose my hair! I don't wanna be sick anymore! This isn't fair!" I cried.

"Shh, shh. I know, I know. Autumn, with or without your hair, you'll still be beautiful to me. You're going to be just fine, I promise. I'll be by your side every second. I love you." Cayden bent his head down and kissed my cheek. "You'll be fine. Everything will be ok."