Living Purdy- Stupid Doctor's Office

''I set you up an appointment with the doctor. Autumn, I'm worried about you. Just please go? For me?" begged Cayden. Ugh, he knows how I hate going to the doctor's.

I sighed and looked at him. "Alright, I'll go. But I won't like it." I sighed again putting my head back and closed my eyes. I throw up one time and Cayden goes into hysterics. Sometimes he gets a little too over protective. But I love him.

"Thank you my love. Now let's get to bed" Cayden got up and threw me over his shoulder. Could've warned me!

"You know I can still walk, right?"

"I'm aware of that. But you don't feel well so I'm carrying you to bed." Cayden walked up the steps and gently put me on my bed. I could get used to this haha. We both changed into our night clothes, put Audrey to bed and got into ours.

"Its a beautiful day in this neighborhood! A beautiful day!" Cayden sang into my ear. He really needs to start laying off the red bull in the mornings.

"Go away! You hyper chipmunk!" I groaned

"You have to go to the doctor's! Now up!" he picked me up and set me in the bathroom. "I'll get Audrey fed in the meantime." Few minutes I was dressed in skinnies, a red tank and black converse. I walked in the kitchen and saw Cayden playing "airplane" so Audrey would eat.

"Hey, you're dressed! And she will not eat for me."

"Hand over the spoon" I held my hand out and successfully fed my daughter without a problem. I looked over at Cayden and smiled.

"How?! I tried everything!"

"She likes it better when mommy does it." I picked Audrey up and headed for the door.

"Oh, your dad said he could watch her while we were out. I told him I was taking you to the doctor's."

"Oh jeez, did he freak out?"

"No, I just told Cayden that he tells me what they say." I heard my dad chime in. Sure enough he was behind me pouring coffee in a mug. "I'll stay here and watch Audrey. You go get checked out." My dad walked over and took Audrey from me.

"Alright, thanks Ash. I'll let you know what the doctor says when we're done." Cayden took my hand and walked to the car. I wish they didn't have to stop talking.

We got to the doctor's and were seated in the waiting room. Of course when I go to the doctor's I'm a nervous wreck. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself when a crash disturbed me. I looked over and saw Cayden sitting there with that little kid toy with the beads and squiggly wiring. Broken.

"I didn't break it! It fell apart!" he defended himself. I just laughed at him and rolled my eyes. Thankfully, the nurse called us back to a room. I sat up on the table and waited for the doctor.

Knock! Knock! "Hello, Miss Autumn. I heard you're not feeling so good, correct?" he asked looking at papers

"Yeah, I got sick yesterday and it felt like my stomach was on fire. I just get really nauseated and when I'm throwing up my stomach hurts bad. Plus, I hardly have an appetite." I said

"Does your chest ever hurt? Or anything?"

"Yeah, sometimes. But what does that have to do with my stomach?"

"Its nothing to worry about. You have acid reflux. That would cause the nausea and why your stomach feels like it burns. I'm going to write you a prescription for some medicine and you'll be okay." The doctor clicked his pen and scribbled down on his notepad. "just take this to your local pharmacy and they'll fill it."

I took the small piece of paper and walked out of the office with Cayden behind me. That wasn't so bad.

"Now aren't you glad we came here? You can get some medicine and get all better!" Cayden smiled hugging me

"Yeah, it wasn't too bad. Thanks for bringing me here." I stopped Cayden outside in the parking lot and kissed him. "But before we go home can we get something to eat? I'm starving!"

"Of course" we got in the car and drove off to the nearest restaurant. Glad that I'm getting my appetite back. Finally.