Living Purdy- Hospital Honeymoon

After our wedding, my family just decided that we have a small reception in the dining room with friends and just, hang out! I was having a really nice time. Until I started to feel lightheaded. I slowly stood up and made my way over to the living room, taking a seat on the couch.

"Are you feeling alright?" Cayden asked taking a seat next to me. I just looked up at him with sick, tired eyes. "You need to relax. Come on, I'll run you a hot bath." Cayden stood me up and helped me walk upstairs to the bathroom. He started running the water in the tub, while he placed a towel on the sink for me. I slipped out of my dress and attempted to lift my leg up over the edge. But I was too weak. "Babe, wait and I'll help you." Cayden took my hand and helped me step into the tub. I slowly sank into the tub and closed my eyes, sighing.

"Thank you" I said

"Don't mention it, babe. I'm going to let your dad know where you went off to. Then I'll be back to check up on you."

"Okay" Cayden smiled at me before closing the door and leaving. I took the bar of soap of the shelf and began to scrub my shoulders and arms with it. When I was sitting there washing myself, my entire neck became stiff and I couldn't move it. I tried moving my neck to the side, but it was just so stiff and painful. "Cayden!" I called. No response. "Cayden!!" I slowly sat up, standing up, gripping the wall and stepped out of the tub. My whole body was starting to become weak and the room started to spin.

I grabbed the towel off the sink, wrapping it around me and opened the door walking out. I stood against the wall and slowly slid to the floor, holding my towel. I crawled over to the top of the steps and laid there crying. "CAYDEN!!!" I screamed. My arms and legs began to feel tingly and it felt like somebody was poking me with a cattle prod. All of a sudden it went black and all I could hear was yelling.

"Autumn? Can you hear me?" I fluttered my eyes open to see Cayden hovering over me. I looked down to see I had an IV in my right arm and an oxygen tube in my nose. "Autumn?"

"Cayden?" I croaked out "where am I?"

"The hospital. Autumn, you had a seizure. It was pretty bad." Cayden said taking a seat next to me. A seizure? But all I remember was being in the tub? *Knock Knock* My dad walked in followed by Brooke, the twins, and Audrey.

"Heyy. Look who's up!" my dad smiled walking over to my bed. "Are you feeling ok?"

"Just tired and confused. I don't remember anything, except getting into the bathtub." *Knock Knock* I looked over at the door and saw my oncologist walk in, slightly smiling.

"Hello, Miss Purdy. How are we feeling?" he asked

"Tired"

"Well we did run some tests and it showed that you're suffering from bacterial meningitis. Since your immune system is not as strong, you're prone to catch anything. We're going to start you on IV medication and you'll probably be in here for a couple days."

"Great! Some honeymoon" I sighed looking over at Cayden. Cayden smiled at me and placed his hand on top of mine.

"We'll get you feeling better and back home" my doctor said writing some things down on his clipboard. Can you take away the cancer? Oh wait, you can't! I rolled my eyes at him and laid my head back down on the pillow. I just got married and I'm spending my wedding night in the hospital! Whatever or whoever got me sick, mark my words I'll hunt them down!

~3 Days Later~

I've been in this hospital for about three days and I have four more to go, until I can leave. I'm starting to feel a little better than the night I was brought in or the next day. I'm still extremely weak though. And any visitors I get have to wash their hands before and after and wear a mask. I feel like some freak who has to avoid contact. Its making me seriously depressed. Cayden hasn't left my side at all, except to head off to work. As soon as his shift is over Cayden drives right over, gets in the reclining chair and sits beside me. He doesn't mind wearing a mask around me or afraid to be near me, Cayden's really special.

"Cayden?" I asked

"Hm?" he asked looking up from his book

"You know I love you right?"

"Of course! That's why we got married, correct?" he smiled flashing his wedding band.

"Well, I-I just want you to know that-that I won't be mad if you moved on after I'm gone. I want you and Audrey to be happy." I bit my lip trying not to cry, but it was no use. Cayden stood up and sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me and took off his mask. "Cayden?! Put your mask back on!"

"No, I don't care if I get sick. But, Autumn, I don't think moving on will bring me happiness. No one can or could replace you. You mean everything to me and Audrey and nobody could fill your shoes as a mother, wife, daughter, sister and most importantly my best friend." I smiled up at Cayden and kissed his cheek. "Nu uh, I'm your husband. Give me a real kiss!" Cayden grabbed my face and planted his lips on mine, giving me the most passionate kiss I ever got. I smiled back at him and nestled my head into his chest. I'm going to miss moments like these.

Autumn & Cayden's rings ------------------->>