Chapter Two

It didn't take long for their families to arrive, though it did take Hades, Persephone, Hadie, and Rea significantly less time to arrive than Beast, Belle, and Genevieve.

Sometimes teleporting was a real gift.

"Hey Mali!" Hadie grinned as he went over to give his sister a hug. "Oh sorry, I mean Queen Mali."

Mal chuckled. "Hads, you know perfectly well that titles are not necessary around family."

"But we call Uma 'captain' though and she's family."

"Fine, titles are not necessary around siblings. Is that better Mr. Pedantic?" Mal teased.

Hadie nodded. "Just wanted to make sure we're consistent."

"Mawi! (Mali!)"

"Hello Rea!" Mal grinned as her three year old little sister came toddling up to her. "How are you doing today, sweet girl?"

"I ood! Mama aid oo ad a uwpiwse! O I et o ee Eve? (I good! Mama said you had a surprise! Do I get to see Eve?)"

Mal chuckled. Rea had given the nickname of 'Eve' to Ben's little sister Genevieve and it had just stuck. Despite the three year age difference, the two girls were the best of friends.

It's almost looking at a younger version of me and Uma, Mal though with an inward chuckle.

"If her parents bring her," Mal said to her little sister before turning to her husband. "Speaking of parents, Ben, where're yours?"

"I'm sure they'll be here soon. Friendly reminder Mal, my parents can't teleport so they do have to obey traffic laws," Ben said, shaking his head.

Hades snorted slightly. "Shame really, it'd make life so much easier for them if they could teleport."

"Dear, be nice," Persephone sighed.

"Yeah papa! E Ice! (Yeah papa! Be nice!)" Rea said, nodding her head. Before Hades could say anything about being admonished by his three year old, Dean poked his head in.

"Your highnesses? The King's parents, sister, and brother are here."

"Send them in Dean," Mal smiled. She knew that by 'brother', Dean was referring to Chip but also knew that it took a lot less effort to simply say 'brother' than it was to say 'surrogate brother and son of his parents' former head housekeeper who now works for you'.

Genevieve was the first one in the room. "Hi Ben! Hi Mal!"

"Hey Geene," Ben smiled, bending down to hug his little sister. "Oh man, you've gotten so big! You reading anything good?"

Genevieve nodded. "Uh huh! Last time we were all here, Hadie told me about this book series he used to read when he was my age. Magic Tree House? So far I'm on Tonight on the Titanic but my favorite one has to be Midnight on the Moon."

"Well I'll have to be sure to look for any new ones for when your birthday comes around," Ben promised.

Chip chuckled as he walked in. "And here I thought you asked us here because you had something you wanted to talk about Benji? Or was it just an excuse to talk about books with Geene?"

"You know I never need an excuse to talk about books with my sister, Chip," Ben said as he shook his head. "But we do have something we want to talk to you about?"

"Oh?" Belle asked. "What is it?"

"Is everything okay son?" Beast asked, taking off his glasses and cleaning them. Probably to hide his worry or to try to look cool in front of Hades.