Chapter Fifty Five

Chad grinned as he wrapped his arm around Ginny's waist as they watched the countryside fly past them. He quickly texted his father to let him know they might stop by later in the day, but he wasn't sure of the exact time yet.

Chad's phone buzzed with a reply from his dad. Come on over anytime, and make sure you bring Ginny too. I'm grilling! it read. His stomach growled at the thought of his dad's famous grilled chicken. But after the incident with the burnt steaks last summer, Chad couldn't help but worry if there would be another fire hazard in the making. He made a mental note to have the Charmington fire department on speed dial just in case.

The limo rolled to a stop, the wheels crunching against the gravel pathway. Richard's voice, deep and commanding, rang out from the driver's seat. "We have arrived, your highnesses," he announced with a flourish of his hand. The air was crisp and cool, carrying the scent of pine and freshly cut grass. The grand palace loomed in front of them, its white columns gleaming in the sunlight. The royal couple stepped out of the limo, taking in the stunning sight before them.

"Gods, after so many years, you'd think I'd get used to that," Ginny chuckled lightly, her gaze fixed on the looming building in front of them.

"What, the title?" Chad asked. "It's yours though."

Ginny nodded, her eyes shining with a mix of joy and disbelief. "I know," she told him, her words tinged with wonder. "But it still feels like something from a dream...a good dream, but a dream nonetheless..."

With a warm smile, Chad leaned down and gently pressed a kiss to the top of Ginny's head. They stood outside the towering walls of Rapunzel's castle, adorned with delicate vines and flowers climbing up towards the sun-kissed sky. Chad raised his hand to knock on the large wooden door, anticipation bubbling within them both as they waited for their friend and Ginny's surrogate mother to welcome them inside.

A wide, beaming grin spread across Rapunzel's face as she flung open the door. "Ginny!" she exclaimed, her voice full of genuine excitement and warmth. "Chad! How lovely to see you both. Please, come in and make yourselves at home. This is a delightful surprise." The inviting aroma of freshly baked bread and warm spices wafted through the air, making their stomachs growl with anticipation. As they stepped inside, Ginny and Chad were enveloped in a cozy atmosphere, surrounded by plush furniture and colorful decorations that reflected Rapunzel's lively personality. They knew they were always welcome in this home that was filled with love and laughter.

"Sorry to drop in like this but we have some news that we'd like to share," Chad said as he, Ginny, and Bruno went to sit down.

"Well then come in, come in! Oh I'm sorry everyone's not here. Ruby and Caspian are having a playdate with Carlos and Jane, you know how much their daughters...oh I'm so sorry Ginny!"

"Rapunzel, there's no need to worry," Ginny said with a warm smile. "I won't be upset if you talk about your grandchildren. I know how much joy Rebecca, Wyatt, Willow, and Chloe bring you." She paused, her expression turning more serious. "But...this news we have is connected to them." Her voice was tinged with both excitement and apprehension.

"What do you mean?" Rapunzel asked.

Ginny's eyes sparkled with joy as she spoke, her hand tenderly cradling her stomach. A glow emanated from within her, radiating warmth and love. "I have exciting news," she announced, a soft smile playing on her lips. "I'm pregnant."

Chad was convinced they could have heard Rapunzel's squeal of delight all the way on the Isle and made a mental note to ask Mal if she could check with her dad to confirm that fact.

Rapunzel's eyes sparkled with excitement as she rushed over to Ginny, her short brown hair bouncing behind her. Without hesitation, she swooped in and wrapped her arms around Ginny in a warm embrace. "Oh my goodness, congratulations!" Rapunzel gushed, her voice filled with genuine joy and happiness.