Chapter Nine

Chad smiled as he stood at the end of the aisle, Fairy Godmother standing next to him and Ben standing on his other side as his best man. It was honestly hard to believe this day had come—he was finally getting married.

"You nervous?" Ben muttered to him as they watched the groomsmen and bridesmaids make their way down the aisle. The groomsmen were wearing similar colored jackets to Chad's while sporting red ties while the bridesmaids were in a gold dress with a red band around the middle; a similar style to the bridesmaids dresses in Ben and Mal's wedding but of course Evie managed to make it look completely unique, as if it'd been thought up for this wedding and this wedding only.

"Should I have reason to be?" Chad asked, tugging slightly at his blue suit jacket. "Were you nervous before your wedding?"

"Completely terrified."

"Are you just telling me that to make me feel better?"

"Of course."

Chad snorted slightly as he gave Hadie a small smile, the young Godling having been paired up to walk down the aisle with Alexandria. Chad had to say, the blue haired boy looked at ease on his sister's arm.

Had it been anyone else, that might have caused the 'over protective big brother mode' to awaken but Chad had grown to like Hadie over the years. As well, you couldn't really intimidate a Godling. Not with the whole 'God' being in the name.

Besides, it wasn't as if he could go all over protective big brother on Kitty or Lucy considering they were paired with their husband and fiancé respectively. Kitty still got traction on being the first Charming kid to be married even though she was the second born.

Ah Kitty...never change, Chad thought as he glanced out over the wedding guests who were seated in the Charmington cathedral. It wasn't as grand as the Auradon cathedral in Auradon City but it was still rather spacious. Big enough to hold all the people one would think would be in attendance of the wedding of a royal heir.

"Mal wasn't upset that she wasn't in the wedding party was she?" Chad muttered to Ben, as his eyes landed on Mal sitting in the audience.

It wasn't as if there hadn't been room in the wedding party—Ginny had asked Rapunzel's five daughters to be bridesmaids alongside Chad's sisters whereas Chad had asked most of the Tourney team, his brother-in-law, his future brother-in-law, and Hadie to be his groomsmen. Had they needed to, they could have squeezed Mal in as a bridesmaid and had Akiho act as another groomsman.

"Nope," Ben told him. In all honesty, Mal had been happy to have the chance to sit down throughout the wedding rather than being on her feet. Plus she didn't exactly know Ginny all that well.

Being Uma's maid of honor was one thing—Uma was family after all. But Ginny, despite being a fellow VK, had run in a different circle than Mal had so it wouldn't exactly make sense for her to be in the wedding procession.

At least that's what Mal said before proceeding to occupy the bathroom for about four hours while they were getting ready to come to the wedding.

Thank Gods for ginger ale, saltines, thermoses, and ushers who put Mal near the back so in case she needs to leave to use the bathroom, no one will notice, Ben thought. But also we'll need to let the kingdom know soon. We can only let it go for so long before people are going to put two and two together. Plus Mal'll need maternity clothes at some point.

"Seriously, she had to include the sword today of all days?" Ben heard Chad mutter and had to bite back a chuckle as he saw Cassandra walking Ginny down the aisle.

Not usually the job of the maid of honor but it was Ginny's day. She could have whoever she wanted walking her down the aisle.

King Eugene was on Ginny's other side, which borrowed a bit from Mal's wedding but Chad doubted it would matter much. Eugene had become like a father to Ginny over the years, there truly would be no one else she'd want as the 'father of the bride' role.