Chapter Fifteen

Hadie grinned as he and Alexandria watched one of the movies she'd downloaded on the laptop she'd brought over. Sure they were supposed to be working on homework but study breaks were a thing!

Plus Alexandria had been kind enough to bring him up to speed on all the movies he'd missed growing up on the Isle, something they'd been working on for years actually. Sure they weren't all great, but at least he'd know some recommendations for when Mal's kid was old enough.

"You know I have to say, the fact that they're not actually cheetahs is misleading," Hadie said. "The title promised girls who were cheetahs after all, and why'd you want to watch the sequel before the first one?

"Hush you, the second movie's ten times better than the first. I just want to smack everyone in the first movie every time I see it," Alexandria shook her head. "And have you ever known cheetahs to talk?"

"Well I mean Shere Khan ran a pawn shop and Gaston produced children that are somewhat intelligent so anything's possible."

"I'm not even going to justify that with a response."

"Because you don't have one?"

"No, because my favorite scene is coming up and I don't want you talking over it," Alexandria said as she turned the volume up slightly. Thankfully they'd closed the door to prevent any sound from leaking out.

Thank Gods I'm in the new house, Hadie thought. Just the natural light alone makes it ten times more pleasant to be in, and the new mattress is so comfortable, it's like sitting on a cloud especially with the new bedspread and blankets...though there're times I miss the Underworld. I grew up there after all. All the mischief I'd get into over there, though really it wasn't my fault. Most of the time I was bored which as everyone on the Isle soon learned, is not a good thing. Why do you think Harry was always giving me sword lessons? Well besides the fact that it's Harry and why wouldn't he give me sword lessons?

"Are you watching?"

"Hmmm?"

Alexandria sighed and shook her head. "Great, now I have to rewind it so you can pay attention to probably the best scene ever filmed."

"Really? That's hyping it up a bit don't you think? Besides, I saw it even if I was thinking. They're just dancing."

"Just...just dancing?" Alexandria exclaimed, her eyes growing wide as she looked at him.

"Yeah," Hadie chuckled. "Besides, you trust these guys? They're dressed in all black. That Dorinda girl should run for the hills if the Isle taught me anything about people dressed in black."

Alexandria sighed and shook her head. "They're dressed like that because...think of it like their workout clothes if that helps. And you can picture it as navy blue and not black. Now hush and actually watch the scene."

"Okay, okay," Hadie chuckled as Alexandria got comfortable against him, using his chest as a pillow despite having plenty of good pillows behind them. "Note to self, don't get between you and your favorite scene in a movie."

"It's more than my favorite scene in a movie," Alexandria said, smiling slightly. "When I was little, I used to act out this scene. Ben would sometimes dance it with me when I was too small to ride our horses and he would be visiting. Or Chad would too, when he was in his weird possessive stage."

"Huh?"

"Oh yeah, there was a time where Chad hated seeing Ben hanging out with me or Kitty or Lucy. Like he thought Ben was stealing us or something."

Note to self, Alex never finds out that's the reason why I like hanging out with Akiho the most out of all of Ben's friends, Hadie thought as Alexandria moved the bar to the right moment and pressed play.