Chapter Sixteen

Lonnie grinned as she watched the game unfold on the field before her. It was the Championship for the National Tourney League and Jay was leading the charge for the Auradon Lions. Thankfully Lonnie had helped her time win the R.O.A.R. World Series the previous week so she was able to come and cheer on Jay.

Most of their friends were in the royal box with Ben and Mal, though Lonnie had to wonder how long Mal was going to fool anyone with the 'baggy clothes' act.

Mal, you've become one of my best friends but sometimes you are really bad at hiding things, she thought. Then again, after the whole Natalie debacle when we were in school, maybe we're just more attuned to noticing when things change with you. I know I didn't really say anything because I didn't feel like it was my place but I still noticed. Don't worry though, the kingdom's comprised of a majority of idiots so they more than likely haven't noticed the baggy clothes.

"So...how badly do you think Jay's going to tease Elle and Akiho for sitting in the Arendelle box?" Emir asked, bringing Lonnie out of her thoughts.

"Eh, if the Auradon Lions lose, I don't think there'll be much teasing," Emma said, rubbing her stomach. "Or if there is, it'll be on Akiho's end. Besides, don't think you wouldn't be sitting in the Agrabah box if the Agrabah Scorpions had made it into the Championship."

"Oh you know I would have," Emir nodded. "But that's just it, I know Jay would have teased me for 'sitting with the enemy' therefore I know Jay will tease Akiho too."

"How fitting considering you two used to tease me about conspiring with the 'enemy' before the games with Imperial Academy," Lonnie snorted as she shook her head before looking around. "Where's Estelle? I thought he'd be here sniffing for crumbs."

"Jay asked if he could borrow him for the day, something about guarding his bag," Mal said as Lonnie looked down on the field with her binoculars. There were screens of course but she preferred the closeness of binoculars. Plus the camera didn't always stay on Jay—call her selfish but Lonnie wanted to watch her boyfriend in action.

Sure enough, there on the sidelines, was Estelle; resting his middle head right on Jay's bag so the only way someone could get in to the bag was if Estelle moved his head.

And the only way that was happening was if Mal asked or if Jay asked Estelle.

"And the clock is ticking down here folks as the Auradon Lions fight to take the championship from the Arendelle Arctic Foxes, the reigning champs," the announcer's voice came through the speakers, pulling everyone's attention to what was happening on the field. "With the score still tied three to three, it truly is anyone's game."

"I'll say, with how Arendelle's reapers have been picking off our guys, it'll be a miracle if we win," Emir sighed.

"Hey, we were tied in our Championship as well and we came out on top," Ben told him. "Sometimes all it takes is a little faith and trust in your team."

"For a moment there I thought you were going to finish that with mentioning pixie dust," Harry said with a small chuckle as Uma shook her head in amusement. Normally she would have been on a trading run but Uma had informed Ben about her pregnancy and he'd been amazing at rerouting the ships that managed trade so that Uma's ship could stay docked for longer periods of time.

"Pixie dust is illegal in Tourney," Ben said.

"Why am I not surprised that you know that?" Harry shook his head.

Lonnie chuckled. "Because Ben was the Captain of our school's Tourney team, led them to the Championship after all. Of course he'd know what was legal and illegal in the sport."