Chapter Thirty Seven

Uma held back a shudder as the breeze blew across her face. She knew if she showed any sign of discomfort, Harry would insist they head back to the mainland and Uma wasn't about to do that.

With the weather getting colder, Mal and Uma had decided that it would be best if they delivered blankets and cold weather gear to the people still remaining on the Isle. And of course once Harry and Ben heard about their plan, they insisted on coming along. Harry more so than Ben as Uma was growing closer and closer to her due date.

Uma was sure she'd end up murdering her husband before the baby was born with his constant hovering.

"Hey Uma, why don't the two of us go take a walk around?" Mal suggested as they dropped off some supplies to The Lost Revenge.

Harry looked over at them. "Is that such a good idea? With how close Uma is to her due date?"

"Harry, if the baby's going to come, they're going to come no matter where Uma is. Emma pretty much proved that when Ethan was born," Mal pointed out. "At least if we're walking around the Isle, Uma's closer to a hospital than she is on the ship."

"Not to mention most of the Isle is back in Auradon," Ben said as he walked over. "Harry, trust me, the girls will be fine. You need to relax or you'll be burnt out on day one when your kid comes...what's with the look?"

Harry was, in fact, giving Ben a look that wouldn't have been remiss on Emir or Akiho's faces. "You, the man who gets tense if he's away from his kids for more than an hour, are telling me to relax?"

"And I'm relaxed right now because the twins are asleep in the Captain's Quarters, with their Uncle Hadie looking out for them alongside Estelle while we drop off and hand out the supplies," Ben said, shaking his head.

Let's go now while Harry's distracted, Mal thought to Uma who nodded slightly and the two cousins made their way down the gangplank.

"Remind me to thank your husband," Uma said as they made their way from the docks and into town. "Gods, I love mine but sometimes he can be a bit..."

"Clingy?"

"You said it, not me," Uma said with a small chuckle. "Gods, if I wasn't about to burst, I'd suggest we see if we couldn't check in on Geene's brother. Make sure Zevon and Maddy haven't accidentally poisoned him."

"Yzla wouldn't let them do that, remember Carlos said that's why Diego was single at the wedding?"

"Yeah, to be honest, I kinda zoned out when DeVil was talking about his cousin's love life."

Mal shook her head in amusement. "Come on, the Spell Palace has some low windows; according to Strat at least so I don't know how accurate that information is but I doubt he wants to go back into doing all that physical therapy he had to do after he came to Auradon."

"And he would have to if he angered you," Uma said with a slight chuckle. "I mean, even Gaston could have told Strat it would be a bad idea to anger you after the demonstration you gave to Freddy at Cotillion. Best Dragon transformation you've ever done by the way."

"And here I thought you would have said that my best dragon transformation was when I transformed to execute Freddy boy," Mal said with a small chuckle of her own.

"Hmm, yes, that one does come in a top second," Uma nodded. But after everything The Gazelle and Nat Bat put you through back then...to the point where you stopped wearing your jacket of all things and put contacts in your eyes...that's why the Cotillion transformation is higher. Because it marked the true return of my cousin and I knew you'd be alright.