Chapter Thirty

Hades shook his head as he looked around the party that was currently happening. It had been Poseidon's idea to have a family get together since their family had grown over the past months. Hades just thought it was a not so subtle way to meet the newest additions to the family but he wouldn't say anything.

If Mal wanted to bring the kids, she could. Though with everything that happened during the birth, Hades would be surprised if she brought them. Hell, he was surprised she elected to come considering her royal duties and the likelihood that Demeter would be attending even if Hades had yet to see his mother-in-law.

"Hades!" Hercules called with a small smile on his face as he waved to the blue haired God. Hercules had graciously offered to host the get together, claiming it would make things easier for Macaria as mortals couldn't be on Olympus and she'd be handling two kids. Never mind the fact that Mal would also be handling two kids but Hades wasn't going to argue about something that allowed Mal to bring her sunspot.

"Hercules," Hades said, nodding his head in greeting. He elected to not use a nickname, he didn't want to poison the younger sunspots against Hercules. And yes Hades knew that was rich coming from him considering he used nicknames like 'Wonderbreath' and 'Jerkules' in front of Mal and Hadie all the time when they were growing up.

However that was more of the way of the Isle than anything else. And Hercules didn't deserve to have his grandchildren turned against him.

He could wait until they were teenagers and did so naturally with their teenaged angst and whatnot.

"Thank you for hosting us," he added, knowing Persephone would probably be elbowing him in the side if she wasn't off with Rea, Hadie, and Mal as they introduced Mal's sunspots to Macaria's children, Gwen and Markos.

"It's our pleasure," Hercules said as he made his way over to his uncle as to prevent himself from shouting across the room. "We're just happy you all could come. Especially with Elle having her due date soon."

Hades nodded. Poseidon's great-granddaughter was in fact not there; neither was her husband as he elected to hover by her like a nervous hen. What was it that caused these Auradon princelings and Kings to turn into jello at the thought of being away from their pregnant spouses?

Speaking of which...Hades thought as he noticed Ben was almost hovering around Mal and the twins. Catching the sunspot's eye, Hades motioned for him to come over; figuring Mal would appreciate him not calling her husband out in front of the whole family.

"You wanted to see me Lord Hades?" Ben asked as he walked over.

"First off, kid, you don't have to call me 'Lord' all the time," Hades said. "You married my daughter, I think we're on a no title basis. And second of all, stop your hovering. There's being overprotective and then there's being suffocating."

Ben sighed but nodded, opting to not comment on Hades' use of the word 'kid' when addressing him. He knew Hades did the same for Harry and Jay, and that he'd probably think of them all as 'kids' for years to come.

Ben was fine being called 'kid'. Just as long as he wasn't treated like one.

"I mean...he's a new father," Hercules said. "I remember when Meg had Hyllus, I was probably just as nervous as King Ben is. Not to mention that unfortunate scene when Princess Stephanie was accosted by that photographer."

"Yes, thank you for that memory," Hades sighed before looking back at Ben. "Listen Ben, I can understand being worried that another attack is going to come out of the woodwork when it comes to your kids. I lived on the Isle, I lived that fear for years. But that doesn't mean you let it rule your life because at some point, your kids are going to grow up without your permission and not enjoy having their father around every corner."