Chapter Four

Freddy ducked into a nearby alleyway, panting heavily but trying to evade his pursuers. It was a torment he loathed more than anything, the day where he lost all semblance of free will unless Hades wanted to find a new way to torment him.

Which was why Freddy was not ashamed to admit he was somewhat nervous about the fact that he had been able to run and hide. Though, it had taken a bit of fight to even do that—his shirt had gotten ripped off of him though it was worth the casualty.

"Oh Fredrick!"

Freddy slapped a hand over his mouth to stifle his panting, hoping whichever of his pursuers it was who called him hadn't heard him panting.

"Come on Fredrick! Don't be a spoilsport! Evie put a lot of work into this design after all, and she wants to show it off! How can she do that without a model?"

She can find an actual baby to show it off on then! Freddy thought. It's bad enough when she makes me model her designs of women's fashion but an outfit clearly made for a baby? Has Hades gone mad?

Honestly, Freddy had to wonder why this torment had even been thought up—there wasn't any talk around Tartarus about the witch Queen having spawn of her own, so why would Hades be having babies on the brain?

Maybe it's stemming from his own recent spawn? Freddy thought. After all, the girl is what? Three now? Maybe Hades wants to add a new false God or Goddess to the world. After all, his brother Zeus knows no bounds when it comes to spreading his seed and adding to those who claim to be 'demi-Gods'.

"Gotcha!"

Freddy's eyes grew wide as his pursuers finally found him and he turned to run. However, it was clear that his pursuers were not going to be made fools of a second time as Freddy felt his legs give out from under him.

"Aww!" The copy of Evie smirked as she came into his sight. "Widdle Baby Fredrick fell down!"

Is it bad that I almost wish she would have shortened my name for that baby talk? Freddy thought.

"You know Evie, I bet it has to do with those long pants he's wearing," the copy of Uma said with a smirk as she came out of a side alley, sheathing her sword. Freddy glared as he realized that said sword must have been the thing he tripped over.

So much for free will!

"You're right, Uma!" Copy Evie nodded and Freddy wasn't going to lie, he felt a shiver of fear creep up his spine as he saw a grin begin to form on her face. If he needed to, he'd sacrifice his pants and run through Tartarus in his underwear.

Anything to avoid whatever torment Hades had in store for him.

"Harry! Jay!" Copy Evie called, the innocent note in her voice sounding out of place for the evil demon Freddy knew her to be.

"You called Evie?" A copy of Jay asked as the boys stepped out of another side alleyway that Freddy knew hadn't been there before. If it had, he would have been caught so much more quickly than he had been.

"Will you two be a dear and take Fredrick back to the ship so we can finish getting him ready?" Copy Evie asked.

"It'd be our absolute pleasure," Copy Harry said with a smirk as the boys bent down to get Freddy up. "Stay still now Fredrick, the last thing we'd want to do is hurt you. Oh no wait, that's a lie."

Freddy tried to lash out, to kick, scratch, punch, bite, anything to get away but it was as if his body was completely paralyzed.

"You know, you probably might have lucked out with a more masculine color had you just stayed put," Copy Harry said as he grabbed Freddy's arms. Copy Jay had already grabbed Freddy's ankles, clearly learning from Freddy's escape attempt before. "Evie's got dozens of designs after all. Oh well, your misery is my happiness."