Chapter Forty Seven

Ben shook his head in amusement as he looked at the collection of guys around him. They had stuck to their word and set up a club for the parents of magical children who didn't have any powers themselves.

Or the Parents without Powers club, to keep it short.

"I swear, Uma nearly burst her gut laughing when she heard what happened to the kitchen after she got home," Harry said, leaning over the sofa to hand Ben a bottle of water. He hadn't asked for a bottle of water but the look on Harry's face indicated that it would be better for Ben to just take the water bottle and not argue.

"At least you got it resolved," Carlos said.

"True...what about you DeVil? Did you get that stuffed toy magicked back to normal?"

Carlos sighed. "No, we didn't. Thankfully, Fairy Godmother thought the dog was cute and so adopted her from us."

"Carlos, aren't you the 'dog' guy?" Gil asked.

"I am but one dog and one cat are more than I can handle!"

Gil chuckled as he sat down next to Ben. "What about you Ben? Did you get Effy to de-transform?"

"I don't think that's a word...but yeah," Ben nodded. "The problem is now every time she has a tantrum, she transforms. And Reese has his 'Beast' roars...though apparently we also learned he can transform as well."

"Oh?" Harry asked.

Ben chuckled. "Yep. Reese can transform...into a Cerberus puppy. Mal and I found out when we found Nyx licking the top of one of his heads. We think she was trying to groom him."

"Aww! Tell me there are pictures!" Akiho said with a smile.

"With my mother in law being who she is? Of course there are pictures, I'll show them to you later," Ben said with a small chuckle. "And what about you? Has Emily drowned you in snow like you said when you called me?"

"No," Akiho shook his head though an amused smile could be seen on his lips. "Though I did make Emily promise to use her powers. I don't want her to end up like Aunt Elsa, afraid to use them and unable to control them. I love my daughter, I don't want to see her hurt."

"Spoken like a true papa," Harry nodded, gently patting Akiho on the shoulder. "Hey, do you think we should bring Phil Jr. into these meetings?"

"I feel I should ask why but I'm afraid of what Harry's going to say if I do," Carlos spoke up.

Harry shook his head. "I mean, he's a parent without powers just as much as we are. Plus his kids are family for all of us except DeVil, seems almost cruel to not invite him."

"Good idea, I'll text him an invite," Akiho nodded. "But does anyone have any pressing business they need to discuss or are we just going to go into our usual rants like when we were on the phone?"

Gil chuckled. "Honestly, I feel so out of place here. I have no rants and compared to you guys, I'm not panicking every month or so."

"Gil, you've had more time to adjust to the idea of magical children unlike us," Carlos told him.

"I'm pretty sure you all have one kid with the exception of Ben," Gil said.

"Yeah, so you say," Carlos shook his head.

"...DeVil, you just have your daughter," Harry said. "Right? Did you and your lass have another child and we all missed the invite to celebrate the birth?"

Carlos chuckled. "Bit behind the times Harry. I've got a daughter and a son. Jason was born last November, so he's coming up on his first birthday."

"Congrats man!" Gil said with a grin.