Chapter Thirteen

Harry sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. Today was the day. He was finally getting married to Uma, the girl of his dreams.

If he was completely honest, there was still a part of himself that couldn't believe this was happening. Like at any moment Uma would come to her senses and realize that she could be marrying someone better for her.

Who'd that would be, Harry wasn't sure but until the day was over, until they both said 'I do', a pit the size of a watermelon was going to stay lodged in his stomach.

"Nervous?" Persephone's voice came from the doorway and Harry whirred around to see the Goddess giving him a small, slightly sad smile.

"Lady Steph!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you do not need to use my title, Harry?" Persephone asked as she walked into the room. It was the old crew's quarters that had been cleared out for the day while Uma was getting ready over in the captains' quarters.

Harry chuckled and shook his head. "I...I didn't expect you to be here that's all. I thought you'd be with Uma."

"She's got enough people with her," Persephone said. "Between Freddie Facilier, Mal, and Harriet fussing over her, there'd be too many people in the room if I'd stayed."

"Where's Hadie?" Harry asked though he thought he already knew the answer. His two groomsmen along with his co-Best Man had already gotten ready in the crew's quarters before Harry had shooed them out for a chance to be alone with his nerves.

Though that hadn't stopped him from reading Jay the riot act for getting hurt in his game the previous week. Jay's only explanation was the fact that he'd already had a bye week and there was no chance at getting a day off this close to the championships unless he was on the injured roster. Besides, it was only a twisted ankle but his coach didn't want to risk it.

Hence why Jay was currently testing out the comfort levels of the chairs for the Rats who'd come from Auradon who had managed to 'gate crash', including the Rats who had only been under protection status like Carlos and Gil. Harry knew how much the championship meant to Jay and he was not going to be the reason why the Auradon Lions had to go another year without a championship under their belt.

Please, Uma and I knew the rest of the Rats would come, Harry thought with an internal snort of amusement. How long had they teased us and asked us when we'd come out of our 'denial'? The crew wouldn't pass up the opportunity to see Uma's and my wedding.

"Hadie is with CJ and Celia, watching over Rea while Poseidon gives you and Uma his wedding present," Persephone said, pulling Harry out of his thoughts.

"He doesn't have to—."

"He wants to, Harry," Persephone said as she gently pushed some hair out of his eyes and straightened the collar of his dark red suit jacket, made courtesy of Evie of course. "Gods, it's honestly hard to believe you're getting married. There are days that I look at you and I still see the nine year old boy who would sneak out of his bed when he was supposed to be resting."

"I maintain you kept me in bed far too often for someone with sore ribs, Lady Steph," Harry said, chuckling softly at the memory.

"Why do you think I started asking you to watch Hadie?" Persephone said, shaking her head. "With his love of stories and your skill in telling them, it was the best way to get you both to stay still and out of trouble."

She sighed as she brushed some lint off of Harry's suit jacket. It wasn't anything super fancy despite Evie's best efforts (after all he was a pirate and a child of the Isle of the Lost) but he was still going to dress up a little for his wedding.