Happy Levi x Underground Reader

Fluff ☁️ a little angst 🖤 and a little teensy weEnsy lime 💋

Pronouns: unspecified :)

Author's note: Don't be shy to request things 😌 this is for you after all.
-
-song: Nocturne No. 2 in E-Flat Major, Op. 9, No. 2 by Frederic Chopin
-
The moon dances against our curtains. A chill flows through the room so I snuggle up to Levi. His strong arms around me still give me butterflies. I smile as my head is rested on his chest. The rise and fall of his chest has put me to sleep regularly this past year. I have fallen in love with this man. His hand plays with my hair as I look up at him. The light of the moon reflects against his eyes and makes him look beautiful. Well he always looks beautiful. Out of nowhere I feel his chest move as he starts to laugh. I look at him confused and ask, "what?"
He continues laughing and throws his head back trying to control himself. He never acts like this. He must be sleep deprived.
"Levi what is it?" I ask with a giggle.
He finally calms himself and says, "I was just thinking about the first time I met you. Don't you remember?"
I look down and smile as I recall the interaction. "It's not exactly a funny story though is it?"
"...it kind of is."
I smack him lightly and add, "oh shut up it's not. And besides you were the one being laughed at. (I was laughing at him) Don't you remember?"
"I was not" he pouts.
He is in such an interesting mood and I don't mind, but it's just so unlike him. We take a few moments remembering what exactly happened that day.
-
-
I lift the cup up to my mouth as the water, not alcohol, goes down my throat. No one had to know I wasn't really drunk. Not being drunk kept me safe. I would lure men, catch them off guard, and steal their money. It wasn't hard work exactly, but I had to be careful. Some men were rather strong and I didn't plan on letting my guard down. Thus, the water instead of vodka. A smaller man with raven hair sits down next to me and orders tea. I laugh out loud at his actions, hypocritical or not because of my drinking water, it amused me that the man asked for such a beverage. I turn my head to face him.
"You must not be from around here huh?"
He looks at me with furrowed brows.
"Bold of you to assume so."
His tea arrives and he drinks it with closed eyes. Who is this man?
"Well...if you really are from here then how haven't I seen you before?"
I lean closer to him laying my arm next to his. I trace my fingers along the plate of the teacup. As I do so I look into his eyes with my usual 'seductive' gaze. He doesn't seem all that impressed.
"Tch. What's it matter to you?"
I chuckle at his cold attitude and add, "someone's grumpy...maybe I can help with that."
This guy was honestly very attractive and I didn't want to take his money, but I also didn't want to have to deal with another filthy man who made me want to puke. His eyes meet mine and he sets his drink down.
"Fine."
I hide my surprise at his answer, but then remember what my mother used to tell me, all men are the same. I haven't figured out if she was right, but so far evidence shows she just might be. I walk closely next to him as we walk to a room in the back. I open and then close the door for us making sure my knife is hidden in its usual place. Then I hear another man's voice. Great. I turn around to see a man in an odd uniform. No...I know that symbol. He's a scout. I tense at the situation. The man I lured here stands beside the other taller guy. I need to get out of this and quick. I don't know what they want, but it can't be good.
"What the hell is going on here?" I ask.
The tall scout walks towards me, towering over me, and says, "don't try to scream. You know no one will help you."
Well I thought they wouldn't be as insane as the people of the underground, but it seems they're just as mad. No matter. I can take them. At least I think I can.
I lunge towards him kicking him in the stomach and slamming him to the ground with ease. I then rush to the man from before and hold the knife to his neck.
"Don't try to scream" I nervously smile as the scout looks up at me holding his stomach. I add, "let me go or I'll kill him."
They are obviously together so this should work. While I'm thinking of ways to run away, the smaller man kicks the back of my knees sending me down on the floor with a grunt. He takes the knife from me after a bit of effort and holds me to the floor. I try to hide a smile. This isn't funny, but like I said he's attractive and I don't mind the situation he's put me in.
"Well if you wanted that you should've just asked."
"Tch. Don't be ridiculous."
The scout walks closer to us two and says in his deep voice, "we know all the crimes you've committed. If you don't believe me I'll freely list them to you. But if you're not an idiot, then you'll just keep listening to me."
I struggle against the man's grip and my silence answers for itself.
"Alright" he continues, "We want you to join the scouts. If you refuse, we will turn you in and you will be swiftly dealt with. You know that isn't a pleasant life even compared to the one you live now. So what will it be?"
Join the scouts? That's what this is about?
"Let me think...like you said...well sorta...I'm not an idiot. But I also don't want to die...however I could be killed for my crimes...so"
The raven haired man says, "oh please you don't have to think out loud do you?"
"Levi"
So that's his name. I look at him in the eyes now. He looks a little set back by my stare.
"Fine."
They both look at me like I said something crazy.
"What? I said I'll do it. Isn't that what you want?"
Levi lets go of my arms and I stand up.
"Well then Y/n. Welcome to the scouts. I am commander Erwin."
I laugh. "You must've thought I'd put up quite the fight if the commander came" I continue laughing and lock eyes with Levi who looks so unamused. His arms are crossed which makes him seem even more serious. This of course makes me laugh even more. I turn to the commander, "is he always like this?"
Levi walks out of the room as the commander and I follow.
"Most of the time" he leans down to say to me more quietly, "but once you get to know him he's not so bad." Erwin smiles and keeps walking as I imagine Levi being cheery. It doesn't fit him. But it does make my cheeks flush. Hey, like I said, he is attractive.
-
-
I laugh into Levi's chest.
"Like I said, the only thing funny about that was you. You were so pissed and for no good reason. It was too good."
Levi frowns and says, "Whatever" but I see the corner of his mouth curve upwards. The room goes silent for a moment.
"...in all seriousness Levi, I'm really happy you came that day."
His head shifts so he's looking me in the eyes. He holds my hands in his and says, "I know. The underground isn't such a great place. It sure as hell wasn't for me. Even when compared to slaying titans for a living." We sit in silence once again. I run my fingers along his chest. And he moves a little after a second.
"What?" I ask smiling. "Are you ticklish Ackerman?"
"Tch. Please."
I beam at him recalling how he's still the same as before with his moodiness. He stares into my eyes for a second then leans down to kiss me. His hands cup my face. We look into each other's eyes again. I love it when we do. We don't even have to say anything. Our silence is never awkward. After a moment Levi lets out a small laugh and says, "I still can't believe you said that to me." His eyes are almost closing by his smile. He really is in such a lovely mood. I love seeing him happy.
"What did I say?"
"When I was holding you down and you smirked and-"
"Ohhh. Well if you were in my place you wouldn't be able to help yourself. I mean look at you."
"I can't exactly do that."
"Well I see you Levi, and you are pretty."
"Pretty? Is that a compliment?" his cheeks turn pink.
"Of course it's a compliment."
"I think you're really pretty too Y/n" he adds while shifting and wrapping his arms around me. I wrap mine around him planning to never let go of him. The rise and fall of his breathing lulls me to sleep once again.