Captain Levi x Anxious Reader

TW: This story obviously goes into depth with a character who deals with anxiety. This of course can be triggering to certain people.
Song: Falling by Yiruma

Also in all these stories Y/n is at least 18 okay okay haha
-
My alarm goes off. Here we go again. I want to just lay here and not talk to anyone today. I want to crawl away and escape this place. I don't feel like talking to anyone, but I know I must. I lay back down on my bed resting my hands over my eyes. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself. It's just another day. The same as the rest. You always make it through the day. This is no different. I sit up and put on my scouts uniform. I look at myself in the dusty mirror. You got this. But what if you don't? What if you make a complete fool out of yourself? What if you say something stupid? What if-
Someone knocks on the door. It's Armin.
"Y/n you coming?"
I'm gonna be late. "Yeah I-I'm coming!" I shout back to him as I straighten up my room and then rush to the door.
"Hey Y/n! You excited for today?"
That's an interesting word choice. Excited...
"I'm a little worried, but yeah I guess I am excited."
"Good and don't worry. It'll be fine!" he smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder.

We saddle up our horses and are off before I can change my mind. Y/n you idiot you can't change your mind. Don't be a coward. I'm not being a coward, I just don't want to die. I also just don't feel like doing anything. That's exactly what a coward would say...
"Y/n you look like you're gonna be sick are you alright?"
I turn my head to the familiar voice that usually doesn't talk directly to me.
"Sorry Captain, I'm just feeling a little faint is all."
His stone colored eyes stare at me almost worried.
He eventually dismisses his worries and we are off in silence again. Eren sits on his horse struggling not to bite his hand. He looks like a lunatic. You're one to talk. Mikasa is practically staring at him the entire expedition. Armin is by me and we make small talk for awhile. Jean, Connie, and Sasha are in the back arguing about their favorite food. If we ever get bored we always have them to entertain us. Levi is in the lead of course. Smoke flies into the air signaling titans are near. Well great. It's interesting that my mind is always racing and questioning itself, but when it comes to killing titans. I just do it. It's the one thing that seems to just click in my brain. I'm not sure that's such a good thing though. We are all taking down titans and one goes for Armin so I fly in front of him slicing its arm off. Armin screams out like he usually does which only makes me feel better about being so scared. Even though I'm freaking out, my body moves perfectly. I see Levi spinning through the air taking down titan by titan. This goes on for awhile and eventually we make it inside wall Rose. We meet back with the rest of the survey corps having very few casualties. Finally the expedition is over.

Sometimes I wonder why I am a scout. I mostly just want to protect humanity and die with a genuine purpose. I guess what scares me most would be dying for no reason at all.

Hange appears in the dining hall and shouts at me, "Y/n! Captain Levi has requested to meet with you."
I look around at my squad members. They just give me a confused look. This can't be good. I must've done terrible or said something wrong. Levi probably hates me now.
Armin nudges me saying, "well go on Y/n." I look over at him and he seems to read my mind, "don't worry about him. He acts scary, but that isn't who he is."
Jean responds, "I don't know about all that Armin. He's pretty scary to me."
Eren says, "well of course you're scared of him, you're scared of everything."
"What did you say?!"
I get up before chaos erupts and make my way to Levi's office. I hope he doesn't get mad at me. I really want Levi to respect me. I try to do my best, but it must've not been enough. What is wrong with me?
I stand in front of the tall oak door. I sigh and knock but the door creaks open. I look in to see Levi at his desk peeking at me through the crack of the door.
He says, "Oh. Yeah the door doesn't exactly close all the way. Quite annoying really." I stand there not knowing what to do. Do something, you look ridiculous. "Come on in l/n."
I walk in trying to hide my shaking hands. Pathetic. What are you even afraid of?
"So. I wanted to talk to you about your performances so far Y/n."
About how terrible they've been? What did I do wrong? This is so embarrassing.
"You've had the highest kill count of anyone your age. It's extremely impressive. It's no surprise because you're a natural, but I'd like you to be my second in command."
Wait what did he say?
"Me?" I pause trying to process. "You want me to work beside...you?"
Levi looks at me puzzled, "you are skilled and older than the average cadet. It really only makes sense."
Well this took a turn. "Captain, I would be honored to, but are you sure?"
He rests his head on his hand looking annoyed, "please don't make me repeat myself l/n."
I smile and answer, "thanks Captain. This means a lot."

Months pass by. We've lost many. Our squad has been successful and Levi and I have gotten way closer. He's actually kind of sweet. I was really surprised to find that out of course. We are sitting in his office filling out some reports and I freeze noticing his eyes on me. Is there something on my face? Oh no. I look at him and say, "U-um"
Levi's cheeks turn pink and he says, "sorry..." and goes back to writing.
Did he just blush?
-
Levi's POV

I am doing paper work with Y/n and she looks so cute. The way she focuses so hard on making everything just right makes me feel a certain way. Oh no. She noticed I'm looking at her. You creep. I can't help it.
"U-um"
"sorry..."
Oh come on what was that Levi? Tch.
Y/n always seems so worried about everything. I mean literally everything. I wish she didn't worry so much. I wish she knew how much I worry about her. That's really the only thing I worry about. I don't care what happens to me, but I don't know what I'd do if someone or something hurt her. I wish I could tell her that.
"Y/n?"
I look at her and see her hands are shaking.
"Yeah?"
"Are you alright?" I ask.
-
Reader's POV

Oh Levi please don't worry about me.
"Yeah I'm fine" I smile and put my hands to the side to hide them from his eyes. He notices though that I do this and gently take my hands into his. He locks his eyes onto mine. He has such an intense look and my heart races more than it usually does and that's saying something.
"Y/n. You can talk to me you know."
I feel all of my emotions rising into my stomach and then into my chest. I feel them rush into my eyes. This forms tears of course. Levi must notice this and so he pulls me into a hug. I stay there in shock. My head is on his chest and his arms are so tightly yet gently held around me. I feel so safe. I don't feel scared anymore. I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer to me. This feels good. I don't think about anything else but this moment. My heart feels full. I feel my breathing slow and my heart finally calm down.
"Thank you Levi."
He buries his face into my neck protectively and says, "if you ever need to Y/n, please talk to me okay?"
No one has ever really noticed that I am struggling. No one except Levi.
"I will."
And I mean that.