Levi x In Danger Reader Pt. 2

Songs: A Thousand Times Goodnight by Abel Korzeniowski
Sweet Apocalypse by Lambert

You sit there with the scout's arms around you. Eventually you catch your breath and you feel somewhat normal. You both sit in silence as the sun begins to set.
"What's your name?" he asks.
You look at him and say, "Y/n. You?"
"Levi."
Levi? Hmm. You feel like you've heard of him.
"Thanks for helping me back there."
"Tch. It's not a big deal."
"It is though."
He looks back at you with his gloomy eyes and says, "who was that anyway? Not that it's any of my business but..." he starts and you respond, "just another person I'm trying to get rid of. I find myself with people that only cause me trouble and yet something keeps bringing them back to me even after I've cut ties. It's..." you realize you're ranting, "...sorry that was probably more than you wanted to know." You feel embarrassed now, but he says, "it's fine. I understand." He stands up now and your eyes accidentally scan his body. You catch yourself and look into his eyes.
"Well Y/n, it's almost dark now and I really have to go."
"Yeah I figured." You don't want him to leave, but it's weird of you to want that. Is it not?
"You'll be alright?" he asks seemingly worried and yet has no trail of emotion on his face.
"Yeah I'll be fine. Thanks again."
He nods and walks out of your house. It feels cold without him. You feel scared now by the sudden emptiness of your house. The shadows of the walls seem to creep up and loom over you. You start a fire in your fireplace and feel sleep pulling on your eyelids. You pull the blanket on the couch over you and fall asleep. You begin to have a nightmare. You're in a forest and there's multiple copies of your ex. He surrounds you and they multiply and grow larger. You feel your heart pounding. Then a light grows in the sky and Levi is there. He slashes the clones as they turn to smoke and simply float away. He grabs your hand and says something to you that you can't quite make out.
"What?"
More mumbling and he begins to fade.
"Y/n?"
You feel you body being shaken.
Your eyes open widely.
"Connie?! What are you doing in my house? How'd you even get in-" you begin as your heart skips a beat by the scare.
"My mom said she saw a strange man coming out of your house last night. I wanted to check on you." He starts and then adds, "Y/n your face! What happened?" His eyes scan your bruises.
"I'm okay. The scout we saw helped get rid of my ex. That's all."
"Your ex? He is still giving you trouble then..."
"Well I don't think he will after getting beat up by a scout."
"He better not. Otherwise he'll have me to deal with too." He brings his arms up trying to flex his muscles.
"Horrifying," you say sarcastically.
"Hey!"
You stand up trying to hide your limp as you go to make a pot of tea. You and Connie hang out the whole day and he insists on staying because he wants to make sure your ex doesn't show up. He stays until late that night. He does this for a week and then calms down once he realizes your ex isn't coming back. You wonder however, if Levi will come back. You want to see him again, but really have no idea how you can do that. You also don't know what you'd say. It would probably be awkward. You go into town to work at the market and sell food. The day goes on slowly and you mostly think about Levi the entire time. You can't get him off your mind lately. A woman who buys a bag of fruit says something about the scouts going through the town square today. This is your chance.

Levi's POV

"Shorty, what's going on inside that head of yours?"
Hange looks at me with a curious look. They don't need to know what I'm thinking about. I've been thinking about Y/n. I'm genuinely worried about her. It's stupid really because I don't even know her. Why should I even care? But there's something about her that makes me care. It is ridiculous.
"Nothing."
Hange laughs and says loudly, "what a load of bs!"
"Tch."
We are going through Y/n's district and I want to check on her, but I feel like it might be weird. We are staying in the district for awhile to pick up new recruits. I assume the new cadets will suck like they normally do. We finally make it to the town square and I scan through the crowd searching for Y/n.

2nd Person POV

You arrive in the town square in search for Levi. You look as rows of horses trot through the city. They come to a stop at their usual building and their horses are put into the stables. You weave through the crowd and eventually make eye contact with Levi. He looks at you with surprised eyes and then walks towards you.
"Levi."
"Y/n..."
You both just look at each other for awhile and then someone appears behind Levi.
"Levi...who's this?!"
Levi rolls his eyes and says, "go away four-eyes."
The scout laughs and struts away with crossed arms.
"So your ex hasn't given you any trouble since last time we met has he?"
He's worried about me?
"Yeah, thanks to you my ex hasn't shown up at all."
The corners of his mouth slightly lift. Almost a smile.
"Good."
Before you can stop yourself you throw your arms around him. You feel him tense at first and then relax into your embrace. He gently returns the hug and you squeeze him tightly. Eventually you both let go. Why did I do that?!
Levi says suddenly, "do you want to join the survey corps?"
"What?"
Your mind races. You have thought about it. But...why is he asking you of all people?
"I-I don't know what to say..."
He looks slightly sad and says, "never mind I shouldn't have even asked-"
"I'll join."
He gives you a surprised look. You want to live your life with a purpose. You didn't like the way your life had been going. Maybe this way you can feel like you are doing something of worth. This way you can be around Levi more. You want to be near him. You aren't sure why, but you also quite simply do not care.  It might be stupid to even consider the idea, but what do you have to lose?
"Glad to hear it. Let's go."

Levi's POV

We walk into the building side by side. I subconsciously worry about bringing Y/n into this. However, I also note that if she stays here, worse things than death could happen to her. I won't let that happen. Once again I'm wondering why I care so much, but I have no answer. I glance over at Y/n as her e/c eyes stare back. She smiles sweetly and my heart flutters a little. At least this way, I can protect her.