Underground Levi x Underground Reader Pt. 1

-don't be alarmed by the switch to first person haha
TW: violence/death
Song: Cornfield Chase - Piano-Cello Version by Michael Forster

My brother betrayed our gang. Sadly, but not surprisingly, this became the death of him. I stare into his eyes which are now lifeless and glossy. I want to scream, I want to cry, but I just sit there on my knees staring at people who I considered family. They look at me saying if I run now they won't kill me. They simply can't trust the sibling of a traitor now can they? I need to move. I look once more at my brother's corpse. I rise to my feet and run off stumbling who knows where. Where am I supposed to go? I have nowhere. I grew up with that gang and that's the only reason I'm still alive today. Now it's the reason my brother isn't. My chest tightens with fear and exhaustion from running. I find an abandoned alley. I hide behind some broken crates and practically collapse onto the wet ground. The tears finally come and they don't hold back. I have to cover my mouth to quiet my sobs. My brother is gone. I am all alone. I am completely alone in this horrible city with no chance of surviving. I'm sure my former friends have told everyone else to steer clear of me so that I will always remember the sins of my brother. Is is fair? I really don't know. I lean my head back against the brick wall behind me. I stare into the 'sky' which is just a dark cavern ceiling. After what feels like hours and seconds at the same time, I wander around trying to find a place to sleep for the night. Where can I go? Where the hell am I supposed to go? The city feels smaller and smaller like it's closing in on me. I need to calm down and just find a place before I drive myself insane. There's a group of people who have the usual not-so-friendly look of the underground. I hide behind the wall so they don't notice me and wait for them to leave. I find an abandoned looking warehouse. At least I hope it's abandoned. I walk inside and it's not too cold, but it smells like mold and wet leaves. Oh well. I check the large building for any people and don't find any. There's a few crates full of what looks like blankets. Finally luck is on my side. I grab a couple surprisingly well knitted blankets. I find a corner in the room that's covered by crates. This should keep me out of sight for the night. I make a place to sleep on out of the blankets. Right as I finally start to feel back to normal I hear a shuffling sound coming from behind me.
"What do you think you're doing in here?"
I freeze and slowly turn around to see a silhouette of a man. I can barely see his face, but his eyes glow in the dark. Creepy...
"Sleeping. What the hell does it look like?" I say without a hint of fear in my voice. Hopefully it's convincing because I'm actually freaking out.
"Tch. I can see that, but you know that's not what I meant. Get out right now before I make you."
He steps closer to me and from the streetlights shining through a dusty window I can finally see his face. He has dark hair and definitely not the worst face I've ever seen. In fact he's very good looking.
"Listen, I've had a pretty sh*t day so I'd appreciate it if you'd mind your own business and let me sleep."
He grabs the blanket off of me and throws it aside.
"What the f-" I start, but he is now inches away from my face.
"Get out right now. You're not welcome here. Don't be an idiot."
I stand up not wanting to fight and I start to leave and prepare myself to sleep outside in the cold. I dread it of course, but I don't exactly have a choice unless I want to fight this guy, but I'm seriously not in the mood. Then I hear multiple voices, sounds like three...no four, at the entrance of the building. That can't be good.
"Levi" they say in a sing-song taunting way. Another shouts, "we know you're in here! Give us the money right now!"
I glance back at the man I just met that I now assume is named Levi. He looks at me and I see him sigh in anger.
I whisper to him, "someone's in trouble," as I give him a smirk.
He looks at me and scoffs quietly.
"Levi don't hide from us...we know you're here," one says while the floor boards creak. They don't sound too close yet so I whisper back to Levi, "Hey...if I help you get rid of these guys. If. Then how about you let me stay..."
He stares back at me seemingly considering my offer.
"Fine."
Nice one Y/n. No sleeping out in the streets tonight. I might not be in the mood for a fight, but I'm less in the mood for a sleepless night. The footsteps become closer and I stand next to Levi now pulling out one of my knives. I tell him quietly that I'll hide and then jump out and attack. He nods and I go back to the pile of crates. The group of guys finally reach us and a tall one with an extremely oversized coat says, "well well well Levi. How about you just give us what you owe and we'll be on our way."
"I told you guys before, I don't work for the boss anymore."
A smaller guy says in a nasally voice, "that's not what the boss says."
Levi sighs and finally says, "whatever. I have the money over here."
He reaches next to his right to a table with a bag on top. As he does this he looks straight at me into my eyes and I know it's time. I jump out of hiding as he throws a knife into the biggest guy. I maneuver myself around the men striking at them and slicing with ease. They fall to the ground swearing at us and I catch my breath as I wipe my knife off on my shirt. I notice eyes on me and look at Levi.
"You really made me do all the work huh?" I say.
"You didn't give me much of a chance to help," he says back.
"Is that a compliment?"
"Tch. That's what you think," he responds as he starts dragging the guys outside. I help him out of course so he remembers the deal we made. He sets them in this creepy ass alley and then some woman shows up and takes them away. She wears lots of jewelry. This Levi guy must know what he's doing. We walk back to the warehouse and I go back to my little fort I made earlier. I have to put one of the blankets back of course though because someone decided to throw it. Levi walks to the other side of the room and unfolds something. A cot. No fair. He lays on it as it screeches from old age.
"So your name's Levi?" I ask out of curiosity and because the silence is just too awkward.
"I'm not doing this with you."
"I just asked your name..."
"Yes my name is Levi. Now go to bed," he says.
"Yikes what are you so mad about?"
"I'm tired and I didn't expect to have you here to keep me up."
"You should remember that I helped you out. I mean honestly do you think you could've taken them out by yourself?"
"It's besides the point-"
"It's not though," I interrupt.
"Will you just shut up?"
I sigh and say feeling annoyed now, "fine."
I pull the scratchy blanket over me and feel offended by Levi's words. I don't know why I care though. My eyes start to close and then I hear,
"What's your name?"
"What?" I ask tiredly.
"Your name...what is it?"
"Y/n..."
"Goodnight Y/n," he says in a less angry tone and the cot screeches again as he readjusts himself.
"Goodnight," I say surprised by him. He's kind of weird. I like him.