Underground Levi x Underground Reader Pt. 2

TW: Depiction of drowning kinda sorta and panic attack
Song: Portrait Gallery by Luke Howard

I see my brother. He's floating on a deep dark sea. The darkness below him makes my heart sink to my stomach. He drifts up and down from the waves. He looks so sad. I feel tears slide down my face. My brother slowly is pulled underwater. He goes further and further into the depths. And then he's gone. I scream as I feel him being ripped away from him. I loved him. He kept me safe and alive all these years. And now he's gone. Gone. I hear,
"Y/n?"
Is it my brother? He's alive? No he can't be. And again,
"Y/n wake up"

"Y/n!"
My eyes shoot open as I sit up quickly with a gasp. I turn and see Levi.
"You were sleep talking. Well, more like sleep whining," he says to me.
Oh that's so embarrassing.
I just stare at the floor as I feel my body still shaking. I wipe the tears off of my face. I hope he can't see me. "Thanks for waking me up."
"Yeah whatever," he says as he turns to his other side and sighs clearly wanting to get back to sleep. I try to rid the image of my brother from my mind. It hurts so much to remember he isn't here anymore. I lay back down on my pile of blankets. I don't want to fall back asleep for fear of seeing him again like that. I still feel my body shaking. I assume it's from everything that's happened today. I mean I see a lot of crazy sh*t down here in the underground, but even this has been extreme. I try to calm my breathing down, but I feel as if my airways are completely closed. I hear the cot shift.
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
I stare at him now afraid that he could hear me freaking out. This is so embarrassing I can't handle this at all. Put me in a life or death situation, well that's no big deal, but this oh no just no. I wrap my arms around myself trying to quiet my erratic breathing. The cot screeches even louder than before and I see Levi walk towards me. Oh no what is he going to do to me? He bends down and then sits behind me. Well I didn't expect that. He then wraps his arms around me holding tightly. And I most definitely didn't expect that either.
"Take deeper breaths," he says in an almost caring voice.
I struggle to breathe at all, but still focus on making my breaths longer. I subconsciously grab onto his hands and he holds me a little tighter. Eventually I can breathe normally and I loosen up. I didn't realize how tense I was. Levi moves so we can see each other now and says, "you alright?"
"Yeah...I'm sorry I don't know what happened."
"Yeah yeah it's fine."
He scoots over so he is sitting cross legged like me, but now we are across from one another.
"Thanks for that Levi."
"It's not a big deal."
He leans back against the crates. I look at him now as his grey eyes sparkle with the minimal light from outside. He rests his hands on his lap. He notices my gaze and says, "you want me to go back to my side?"
He starts to move as I respond, "You can stay. If you want to."
"Alright."
I lay back down and eventually Levi does as well. He isn't a creep like many other men I've met. He doesn't even try anything. He just lays there next to me. His presence makes it not so scary to be away from my brother. I soon fall asleep after what feels like seconds. I don't dream of my brother.

The sounds of angry men in the streets wake me this morning. I can only imagine what they're doing. I slowly sit up and glance over at Levi. He is curled up beside me. His hair covers his eyes. He looks peaceful. I carefully get up so as not to wake him. I eat a piece of bread I have in my bag from yesterday and sit in the doorway of the warehouse. The dismal scene before me makes me not too excited for the day. There's just so much uncertainty. I stand and turn to go back inside and am met by Levi.
"Oh hey, good morning sleeping beauty," I say walking by him.
"What did you just call me?"
"You heard."
"Tch."
This man can't take a compliment can he? We walk to the main part of the building which is filled with guess what? More crates. I lean against one while he opens another that's filled with papers. He scans them intensely.
"So what's your plan for today?" I ask curiously.
"That is..." he folds one paper as he grabs another, "none of your business Y/n."
I scoff and answer, "Fine then. You don't have to tell me. But I want in."
"What?" He says with a look of no emotion whatsoever.
"I want to help you."
"Why would you want to do that?"
"Look...I don't have anyone anymore. I'm all alone. I'm not saying this so you will feel sorry for me. I just want you to understand."
He stares at me for a second and then after tossing a paper to another crate he answers, "okay."
"Really?"
"I said okay what else do you need?"
He is so sassy. I walk over to him and wrap my arm around his shoulder, "this is gonna be fun. You and me..."
"Tch. Don't get ahead of yourself."
I laugh at the way he always seems so serious. It's funny honestly. However he doesn't seem to think so and gives me a scary glare. This'll be good. We are opposites in certain ways and yet I feel a strong connection to him. It's like he understands the certain pains that I feel, but doesn't have to explain how it is that he understands. Just his presence proves it.