Best Friend Levi x Wingman Reader

"Hey Levi"
"Go away Y/n."
You give him a shocked look saying, "what did you just say?" You lean over really close to him. He turns his head so you're looking at each other only inches away.
"What do you want Y/n?"
"I just want to talk to my best friend. Is that a problem?"
"Yes. Yes it is."
He looks at you with an emotionless glance.
"Hmmm. You're in a bad mood. Did Hange make fun of you again?"
"No"
He crosses his arms now and pouts like a child.
"Did Commander Erwin make you do something you didn't want to?"
"No"
"Uhmmm. Oh I know what it is!"
He brings his fingers to the bridge of his nose in annoyance and says, "and what exactly is it then?"
You laugh mischievously. He stares back at you with a judgmental look.
"What is it?" He asks in a louder voice.
"Well since we are friends I know we can talk about these things," you get a gleam in your eye as he interrupts, "no no that's not it you brat."
"Oh come on I've never even seen you flirt with a person in the past year. I know you're not getting anything are you?"
"And are you?"
"No," you scoff, "but this isn't about me. You're just a sexually frustrated annoyed old man and I know exactly what you need."
"Old?"
"Yes and as I was saying I'm going to find you someone."
"I don't need your help Y/n."
"Is that so?" You lean over close to him now and say, "I don't like you being even more sassy than you already are. It's simply too much sass for one person to have."
"Whatever, do what you want, but know that it's not going to work."

-

"Hange!" You shout in a sing-song voice.
"Oh hey Y/n! I'm working on an experiment to test the limits of titan regeneration would you-"
"Yeah yeah yeah maybe another time smarty pants. Have you noticed how hot Levi looks today?"
"What?" Hange's eyes widen a little.
You wrap your arm around their shoulder adding, "Oh yes. He's got a glow going on doesn't he?"
"Y/n you're acting weirder than usual and that's saying something."
"I don't know what you mean...anyway you should definitely go out with him."
"Y/n!"
"What?!"
Hange laughs now and of course this makes you laugh as well.
"Y/n what is going on?"
"UgH fine I'll tell you. I'm being Levi's wingman. I thought it wouldn't be that obvious..."
"Well it was."
You scan the room and see all these test tubes and shiny metal trays and then say, "yeah seems so."
"Anyway Y/n, you know I don't like Levi like that so why did you even bring it up?"
"I don't know I thought that maybe times had changed. I mean who can resist him?"
"Are you trying to tell me something?"
What? No no no. I don't like him like that either." You laugh nervously. You really are his best friend and so the idea mostly makes you feel weird. But maybe....no no. But maybe? NO.
"Well I gotta get back to my work."
"Yeah good luck on your tests and other smart people stuff."
"Thanks."
"Before I go though, I have to ask, is there anyone who might be interested in Levi?"
"Hmm. Now that you mention it, the commander-"
"I can't talk to the commander about this! That's crossing a boundary isn't it?!"
"Oh calm down. Just go ask him."
"Sorry not gonna happen. I guess I'm a coward."
"I guess you are, in social situations that is..."
"I'd say. Well is there anyone else that's not a higher up?"
"Can't say that I know of anyone else Y/n. Sorry."
"It's fine. I'll find someone."

You search all day for someone and talk to so many people, but you don't make it obvious who you're asking the person to consider. You don't want to embarrass Levi. You want to find him someone to make him happy, but you also know you must not make him seem like a desperate fool. He'd disown you after that. Everyone seems too afraid to try and ask out the 'spooky' Captain. You thought you were a coward, but now you see who the real ones are. You walk back to his office and plop down on his couch.
"You need something?" He says in a rude tone.
"Oh will you stop with that?!"
"Look who's all sassy now."
"You ungrateful little man."
He gives you a death stare and you throw your hands up in surrender, "sorry I didn't mean the little part....just kidding I totally did. You are so cute and tiny, I love it. I really do."
"Shut up brat."
You laugh and walk over to him.
"For real though, I'm sorry I couldn't find anyone for you."
"I didn't ask you to."
"Not the point," you lift his chin so he is actually looking at you now, "promise you'll be nicer to me?"
His grey-blue eyes look back at you as he says, "I will if you will."
You smile and give him a kiss on the cheek. You were always like this with him. You loved him even if it wasn't in a romantic way. But after today you wonder if that would be nice. No. But maybe? Oh here we go again.
You move to go to your bedroom, but Levi says suddenly, "you should stay."
"You want me to stay?"
"Tch. Don't make it a big deal."
You pull a chair over to sit next to him and watch as he writes letters and signs papers. He has very nice handwriting. You start to bite the inside of your mouth unknowingly from contemplating what it would be like if you and Levi were more than friends.  He pokes your head lightly asking, "what are you thinking about Y/n?"
"Oh nothing..."
You look at him and how his hair frames his face so nicely.
"Tell me."
You sigh and finally say after a long pause, "today just got me thinking about how great of a friend you are. I love you, you know that. And being your wingman," you laugh a little and he looks amused, "I don't know I just..."
"Just what?"
You look down anxiously not wanting to finish your thought. You regret talking about this. You eventually look back up at him and your gaze meets his lips. You feel your cheeks go pink.
"Y/n I've thought about it too."
He grabs your hands now and interlocks his fingers with your own.
"You have?"
You see him look at your lips now too. He slowly leans towards you as he says quietly, "all the time.."
Your lips meet and your heart beats a million beats a minute. It's a sweet and passionate kiss. Your hands are still intertwined with each other's. You and Levi's lips pull apart at the same time and you rest your forehead on his. His familiar clean scent fills your lungs. You smile and you think you might've seen him smile as well.