Levi x Dying Reader

TW: Violence and Death
Songs: Outro by M83 and To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra
-

I throw myself in front of my comrade Armin. I use my gear to bring him to safety on a horse with Jean. Everyone is charging ahead, but I know someone has to kill this gigantic titan. Its dark eyes loom down onto me. I fly back towards it trying to slice my blades into its nape, but my gear sputters and grinds. Oh no. I hear Armin screaming at me as he rides away with the team. I'll be okay I just need to take this one out. Gear or no gear. I run along the titans arm trying again to cut the nape. The titan looks at me with a grin and reaches for me. I jump out of the way and almost make contact with the nape, but my gear won't work. The titan grabs me in its hand and squeezes not wanting to let its prey escape. I still hear Armin's screams. I can't fail. I use all my might to pull out a blade, but this of course also injures myself. The titan screeches as I cut through its large fingers. The fingers land on the ground with a loud thud. Steam stings my eyes as I sprint to cut its nape once and for all. I slice it and the titan begins to fall to the ground. My gear still isn't working. I hold onto the titan as we both land on the ground. I see all the other scouts ahead of me. They can't risk coming back for me. They're too far ahead anyway. I'm so screwed. The cut on my leg drips blood. I hold my hand on it so I don't bleed out. It isn't too deep though. I decide to try and hide somewhere until the other group of scouts behind us reach my location. I find a lone bush and crawl into it. I feel ridiculous for having to hide, but without my ODM gear I'm dead. I wait for a few minutes and to my demise I hear loud pounding steps. That's just my luck. I think of Armin. I wish I was with him. He's my best friend. Eren and Mikasa are also really great friends, but Armin and I just get each other. I listened to the lineup plan earlier and it seems the Levi squad should be behind us and arrive here soon in fact. But, the titan charging towards my direction might arrive before they do. My best option is to stay hidden. I peek through the bush and see it getting closer. It's a smaller one, but it moves fiercely. It speeds towards me. It can't know I'm here right? I just need to calm down. It'll go past me. But, wait. I need to protect the scouts ahead of me. This is just great. I'm sorry guys, but I won't let you down. Even if it gets me killed. I stand up with a scream as the small titan already heads for me. My leg shoots with pain. I run towards it with my blades and stab it in the shoulder. I use my blades to dig into its skin and climb towards the nape. Don't die Y/n, don't die, don't die. It lets out an ear piercing scream. As it does, it throws its head back unnaturally and locks eyes with me. What the hell? It jumps and contorts its body in seconds and I'm inside its mouth. I look out as teeth block my view. I have to kill it. I calculate where the nape would be based on my location in its mouth. It intends to swallow me whole, but I intend to end this beast's life. I jab one of my blades far into where I assume the nape should be. Luckily it's a small one so I can slide myself around its throat, but it takes so much effort to not fall down and be eaten. I feel the titan shake from my attack. I must've gotten it. I hurry and jump to the top of its mouth and shove my other blade between its teeth to pry open its mouth. I hurl myself out, but it clamps its teeth down onto me. I yell out in pain. Half of my body is out of the titan, but the rest is in its mouth. I still pry the mouth open and slide out as it falls to the ground. I got the nape. Somehow, someway. I land on the ground with steam surrounding me. I'm sorry Armin. But hey you will be safe now. This titan is dead and won't be coming for you. I lay on the ground and feel very odd. I look down and see that my waist is almost cut all the way through. Blood pours out all around me. I can't feel my legs at all. Am I going to die? I don't want to die. I try to move, but instead hiss at the movement. I can't move that's for sure. I hear distant hoof sounds. Levi Squad. They're going to be here soon. Wait. I only hear one set of hooves. My mind feels fuzzy. It is so bright out here. I see a shadow above me.
"Captain Levi?"
I see a pair of worried eyes.
"They're all dead."
"What?"
"My squad...they're all dead."
My heart breaks for him. I heard they were all so close to each other.
"Yours?" he asks and then out of nowhere holds my hand. His hands are covered in what I assume is his comrade's blood. He gently squeezes my hand. I wonder why he does that.
"I held off some titans while they went on. I think they'll be fine. No, I know they will." I pause for a minute just staring at him. He's very good looking. I feel tears fall down my face. That's weird.
"Did you kill all the rest of the titans?" I ask.
"Yes."
"Then yes they will be fine..." I sigh in relief as I add, "thank you."
I wonder why he looks so sad. I figure it must be because he lost his friends. Oh wait. I remember. I glance down at my mutilated body. My mind wanders.
"Don't you want to catch up with the others Captain?"
"Erwin is with the front line. They're strong. Hange also has a squad. And then there's yours. They don't need me."
"Of course they need you. You're humanity's strongest soldier," I say smiling at him. He still holds onto my hand tightly.
"I don't know about that."
I feel my head get lighter. I feel like I'm floating around on water. Just floating along a stream like a leaf. Not really going anywhere at all.
"Hey you still alive soldier?"
I face my eyes back at him, "y-yeah."
Why would he ask me that? I feel so confused.
"Am I going to die?" I ask abruptly with a shaking voice.
He looks at me gravely and then lifts my head onto his lap.
"It'll be okay."
I stare at the clouds above me. They look like they're getting closer to me. I don't feel pain anymore. I feel good actually.
"Captain. You really are a good soldier. Just so you know."
My chest breath hitches and I squeeze his hand tightly. I stare at him and then I feel myself rise above him. I see him holding me and he has an emotionless face. He used to look sad, but now he looks just completely broken. Goodbye Captain Levi. I rise higher and see my squad. Armin. He's with Mikasa and Eren. Armin is crying. Don't cry Armin. I float up to the clouds I was looking at before. It's so beautiful here.