Dad Levi x Child Reader

Author's Note: Because the past few have been wholesome and this one will be as well, the next should be pretty spicy 💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻
For my girl scoutie
-song: Sodus by Cemeteries
-
Journal #216

My dad is the coolest dad in the world. Don't believe me? He is known as humanity's strongest soldier. That's a pretty big title if you ask me. My friends at school also have parents who served in the survey corps, but I know my dad is the best. I could list all the great things he has done, but to be honest he doesn't talk about it all that much. I'm guessing it must've been pretty scary. He isn't a scout anymore and in the village I live in we don't ever see any Titans. I've heard they were huge. My friend Rosa says she saw one once, but we all know she's lying. Today I get to spend the whole day with my dad. I'm so happy. Since my mom died when I was a baby, it's only been me and dad. I don't mean this in a bad way, but it's honestly nice this way. Anyway this is enough for today.
-
I walk down the winding staircase and into the kitchen to find my dad. He looks up at me from the table he's sitting at.
"Hey Y/n!"
"Hi dad!"
I skip towards him and grab his hand. His hands are so much bigger than mine that I can't even hold his whole hand. I can tell he's really strong. I hope when I'm older I'll be as strong as him. He sets down the book he was reading and rests his chin on his other hand.
"So are you ready?"
My face scrunches in confusion to his question.
"What do you mean?"
Dad smiles at my expression which makes me feel embarrassed.
"Here" he lifts me up onto his back as I wrap my legs around him giggling. He walks outside towards a large patch of dirt and tools.
"What's this?" There used to be green grass covering this part of our yard, but now it's different.
He gently sets me down as a smile beams on his face.  Dad picks up a package of something that sounds like there's tiny little things inside. He throws it in the air for me to catch and I read out unsurely, "herb seeds..."
I wasn't even sure what a, 'herb' was.
He smiles even more and adds, "it's herb, you don't pronounce the 'h' Y/n."
"Herb" I repeat confidently. "Oh I know what that is. Are we making a garden?"
He nods in approval as I throw my arms around him laughing happily. We dig small holes into the soil and add some seeds. It takes a long time and the sun becomes very hot. Dad takes a plant already in a pot from our shed. It has what looks like red buds on it with little white flowers.
"Strawberries?" I exclaim while walking towards him.
"Mhm" he sets it down and we add it to our garden against a fence so it can grow correctly. Finally we finish and I wipe my hair out of my face. Dad looks over at me with a tiny smile and bends down so we are level.
"You've got dirt all over your face now Y/n."
"Oh no!" I laugh and run inside to wipe it off. Me and dad hate when things have dirt on it. We like to keep everything nice and clean.

Later on we make dinner together. Dad helps me cut some vegetables, but I say, "I want to try it on my own okay?"
He reluctantly backs away and lets me take over. He puts a pan full of dough into the oven. I look over at him for a second, but keep chopping and then accidentally cut my finger. I say, "ow!" and he quickly runs over to me. He gently takes ahold of my finger studying it and says, "I think you'll live."
"You think?!"
He smiles and gives me a napkin. "Put this up to the cut and hold it there to stop the bleeding alright?"
I do as he says, but frown as it stings from the napkin. He walks back with our first aid kit he made us not too long ago. He puts some liquid on a bandage and then wraps it around my finger. He looks very concentrated as he does this. I stare into his eyes then ask, "you think it'll leave a scar?"
He looks into my e/c eyes and says, "I hope not, but it just might."
I smile at this and he looks surprised by that. "I'll have scars like you then dad!" I pause and look at the scars on his hand and the many other places on him that are covered by the tiny lines. "Is that how you got your scars?"
He stops for a second and tenses a little at the question.
"Not exactly Y/n." He almost looks sad now.
"How did you get them then?"
He stares out the window and I feel like maybe I shouldn't have asked him.
"I'm sorry dad. You don't have to tell me."
He looks back at me with sad eyes and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Maybe one day okay?"
I smile and he returns it. "Okay."
-
Journal #I have lost track

I haven't written here in a long time. A lot has changed. Dad started training me one day when I was young. I didn't know why at first because the Titans were gone. At least that's what we thought. We were wrong. Well I was wrong. But my father knew better and so he taught me how to fight. Right now we're out in the wilderness. I have no idea where we are really. We are with another family. We haven't came in contact with any other people. We have no idea what's going on. I wish I could go back to the old days. I miss the quaint old home we lived in covered with plants and flowers. I miss the quiet days we would spend together. I miss it all. But, I still have my dad and I will do everything to keep it that way.

Until next time.
-
I am laying on the ground on a quilt next to my dad. The campfire glows against our faces. I turn on my side to face him. He sleeps soundly and looks so much younger as he sleeps. The lines under his eyes from tiredness almost seem to have vanished. The cold air flies against my skin and so I quietly move closer to him. I rest my head next to his and fall asleep. I dream about that one day we planted our garden. It feels so real. I wish I could go back and stay in that moment. I know now not to take anything for granted. Ever.