Levi Having a Crush on Y/n Pt. 2

TW: violence (sparring)
Song: Through Me by Beach House and Clair de Lune, L. 32
A crush? What kind of a joke even is that?
I try and style my hair today so it's out of my face. I've never been the best at doing hair though. No one ever really taught me how. My h/c hair struggles to cooperate. I end up with the messiest messy bun I've ever seen, but it will get the job done. I walk out of the bathroom and say, "Hey Hange could you pass me my jacket?"
Hange tosses it over at me and I put it on. I don't look too bad. I wouldn't blame Levi for having a crush on me. A crush...still feels weird saying that...
"Y/n why are you blushing?"
"What? I'm not blushing! Your glasses must be broken" I say back.
Hange just gives me a weird look that carries a bit of mischief. They better not try anything.
"Don't get any ideas Hange..."
They just chuckle and then exit the room leaving me to my thoughts. I imagine me and Levi. It feels weird, but also something about it just seems right. Maybe Hange is right. No...they're just as crazy as they've always been.

"Yeager! Pick up the pace!"
The cadets are running again and have gotten better already. However, Eren seems to be slacking since he's realized I'm not as scary as I pretend to be. Big mistake. "Where is Levi?" I suddenly think to myself. Why am I thinking about Levi?! I bring my hands to my face trying to stop my thoughts, but it's no use. Dammit Hange...why'd you have to tell me all that? Someone taps me on the shoulder and I let out a tiny scream. Oops.
"Someone's feeling dramatic today..."
Great it's Levi.
"You scared me! You can't just spawn behind me like that."
He squints his eyes, "spawn?"
I roll my eyes, "Whatever. You know what I mean."
I turn away from him, not in the mood to make eye contact and risk blushing. I can't control it anymore ever since Hange told me he likes me. Why am I acting so childish? Although I have always been quite immature...
Jean sprints to me panting and announces proudly that he is done.
"Good job. Now do 50 pushups."
"What?!"
"You heard me. I've got to get y'all into shape. If you're not strong enough, you die, it's that simple."
He looks at me with a worried look then rushes to the ground to begin. Levi and I walk away from him to another group of cadets who finished and we tell them their next assignment. I lean up against the one tree in our vicinity. Its leaves dance with the wind. I yawn loudly. Levi glances over at me with an annoyed look.
"What?"
He just turns his head back to face the cadets.
What a grumpy little man.
I slide down the tree onto the ground and relax.
"Hey Levi guess what's next?"
"I don't have to guess Y/n. I have the schedule."
"Bro if you don't-" I stop myself, trying not to get into a fight with him and finish saying, "yeah yeah okay. Well I'm going to talk about it anyway."
"I'm sure you will..."
I ignore his remark and add, "we get to teach the kids how to fight. It's gonna be so great. I can see it now. They're always so scared...crushing their spirits is really the highlight of my day. I laugh a little too wildly. Levi turns to stare at me for a few seconds with no emotion on his face and says, "I think you're a sadist."
"What- no I am not!"
"Tch."
"You better stop with that 'tch-ing'...it's getting old."
"I haven't even said it to you until just now."
"And that's still too much for me to handle."
"No surprise there."
I stand up now facing him, "what's your problem anyway Levi? Like seriously?"
He arches an eyebrow.
"You're annoying. It's that simple Y/n."
"Yeah well you're not exactly all that fun to be around either" I say suddenly not feeling like we are teasing anymore, but genuinely arguing. I don't like it to be honest. I stand there waiting for him to say something, but he never does and so I walk away letting out a long sigh.
"Are you kids done yet?!" I yell at the cadets and they spring up to salute me.
"Yes Captain Y/n!" Armin says to me nervously. I hold back a smile.
"About time. We are going to start sparring now. I'll teach you some basic moves and then Levi will see if you've learned them well enough. After that you'll pick a partner and start. I only have one rule. Don't kill each other."
I teach them some moves and counterattacks. Just the simple ones, but they are extremely useful and a great foundation. They pick it up pretty quickly. Some of them I can tell already know how to fight. Which of course isn't exactly fair for the others, but that's just life I guess. Levi tests them on the moves as I stand back at the tree practically glaring at him. I hate to admit it, but his words kind of hurt me. Normally it's just fun and games, but it felt different. I don't know. Levi announces, "Y/n and I are going to show you how it's done. We will spar first."
We're going to do what now?
I shoot him a look walking over to him and say quietly, "you sure you wanna do that?"
He just gives me a cold look and so I add louder, "well prepare to lose Captain Levi."
The cadets back up allowing us more space and I take my stance. It's a good thing I'm mad at him right now.
Levi takes a swing at me, but I quickly block it. He sends another one immediately after and I block it again, but this time I grab his wrist pulling it behind his back.
I whisper to him, "nice try Levi. You can't win."
"Tch."
He throws his head back knocking into my face which sends a wave of pain into my nose. I feel blood trickle down my face. The cadets look at each other in shock.
I waste no time and send a kick into his stomach, but he grabs my ankle and practically throws me onto the ground. Dust flies everywhere and it's hard to see. Nonetheless, I twist my legs from his grip and send my elbow into his chin. He doesn't block it. I guess I'm just too quick. He stumbles backwards as blood fills his mouth. He looks mad pissed. He sends a combination of punches that I struggle to block, but somehow succeed. I throw a hook punch making contact onto his cheekbone. This makes him even angrier and he throws himself onto me tackling me to the ground. What the hell? He tries to punch me again, but his emotions clearly cause him to become sloppy. I dodge them simply by moving my head. He then tries to grabs my wrists, but I use my legs and grab him twisting him over onto the ground. I hold him down there and count to 5. I stand up wiping the blood off of my face and stare at the cadets who look at me with wide eyes. They look so scared.
"Well what are you waiting for? Get to it cadets!"
I turn back to Levi who is still on the ground and I hold my hand out for him. He rejects it and stands up himself. He just stares at me for awhile.
"You're lucky you didn't break my nose Levi."
"You're lucky you won."
I just scoff and turn away from his gaze. I look to my right and see Hange hiding behind a tree. They have a smile on their face and give me a thumbs up. Hange you really are insane.

It's time for dinner again. Thank goodness. I'm in the line with Hange and they're firing off question after question about me and Levi. I tell Hange about 50 times that nothing happened. They get a glint in their eye and I can only see that as a bad thing. Who knows what they're planning. Levi appears behind us with quiet footsteps. I look at him and he has a small bruise on his cheek. I feel bad because I know it probably hurts. It does however make him look hotter though.
"Hey Levi. How's your face?"
"How's your nose?"
I have two subtle black eyes because of the damage caused to my nose. It isn't broken, but it's close to it. So I probably look like a badass as well. Which only makes sense because I am one.
"We can have a rematch whenever you want. I know how you can be."
"It's not a big deal. I could've beaten you if I wanted" he responds coolly.
He did not.
"I understand you're not happy that I beat you, but please don't use that excuse. It pisses me off."
He just stays silent and Hange looks at me. They have a mischievous grin growing on their face.
I whisper, "what?!"
"He's so into you!"
"Oh my- you better stop..."
Hange just laughs evilly.
Dinner goes by quickly and Levi doesn't say much, but we exchange a lot of glances. We keep staring at each other. Not on purpose of course. It gets awkward, but it also makes me feel butterflies. Cheesy I know, but it's the truth. Even if it's cringe.
"Hey Y/n I'll meet you back in our room okay?" Hange says abruptly.
"...okay sounds good." I decide to go to my room because I'm pretty tired. I make my way there.
-
Levi's POV
-
Y/n walks away. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her again. I don't know if she noticed. Hange stares at me with an odd look so I say,
"Hange...what are you plotting?"
"Oh nothing," they smile and add, "oh also before you go to your room there's something I want to show you. I follow Hange out of the dining hall. I don't know what they have planned, but I'm trusting them not to do anything stupid. We arrive at a bedroom.
"This is your room Hange..."
"Not just my room silly. It's also Y/n's."
And before I can question them Hange shoves me into the room and I hear the door close with a locking sound.
Why does it even lock from the outside?
"Before you ask...I changed the whole doorknob. Now keep it pg-13 in there okay?" They run away laughing.
"Hange!" I bang on the door, but it's no use.
-
Reader's POV
-
I come out of the bathroom after hearing yelling and other obnoxious sounds.
"What the hell is going on?-" I start and then ask, "Levi? What are you doing here?"
"Didn't you hear? Hange locked me in here. Locked us in here to be exact."
"What?...Okay it's official Hange is certifiably insane..."
"I think we both already knew that."
For once we agree. There's silence and I decide to bring up what's been on my mind all day.
"You know they said the weirdest thing to me. Hange said you have a crush on me," I start laughing and add, "I mean that's such bs right?"
Levi looks at me almost worried and says, "yeah that's weird. But that's Hange for you."
There's more silence. And it's so awkward.
I sit down on my bed. Oh come on. I have to know...maybe I'll just ask. Hange might be wild, but they don't lie.
"It wouldn't be that weird though," I blurt out and look at him trying to hide my worry.
"What?"
"I mean if we or if you...you know...don't make me repeat it Levi."
He looks at the ground getting very red. Tomato red to be exact. But, then I realize I also am blushing.
He walks over to me and sits down on the bed with me.
He is still looking at the floor and he says, "Hange is right. What they said I mean."
Oh shoot.
He looks at me waiting for me to respond, but I don't know what to say so I instead put my hand on his chin gently and look into his eyes. They're so pretty. He blushes even more now, but then he puts his hand behind my head and pulls me closer to him. Our foreheads are resting on each other and then he kisses me. It's not awkward anymore. I run my hands through his hair and I slowly fall onto the bed as he lays on top of me. We stop for a second to breathe and I ask quietly, "why didn't you just tell me Levi?"
But I know why. He won't admit it, but of course he was just scared. It's a scary thing. Normally I'd tease him, but things feel different now. I can't tease him about this. Not yet at least. I decide to let him keep it a secret. I pull his hips closer to me. His body feels so muscular. He kisses me on my jawline and I smile. We both are exhausted from the day and so he relaxes just laying on top of me. He is smaller so it's not uncomfortable at all. He buries his head into my neck and I hold him against me. Eventually he moves over to my side and wraps his arms around my body. We lay there hoping Hange isn't outside the door listening. We talk for awhile. We don't even tease each other once. I can't believe Hange was right. Levi kisses me on my cheek and then snuggles up against me and falls asleep. I smile and run my fingers through his hair. I like this side of Levi. I like this side of me.