Levi Makes You Do Extra Training

Song: On the Sea by Beach House and Fourth of July by Sufjan Stevens

"Hange I don't want to train today. My muscles are still so sore from yesterday that I can barely walk."
"Oh lighten up Y/n! You'll do fine."
"I'll be fine?! Captain Levi is leading the training today. How the hell am I gonna be fine with him yelling at me the whole time?"
"You're stronger than you think. Don't worry about it so much."
"Yeah yeah whatever."
Hange lightly smacks you on the shoulder. You smile at them even though you're still annoyed. The new Levi squad consists of you, Hange, Armin, Miksasa, and Jean. It's small, but you all are the strongest. You walk outside with Hange to where you're going to be training. You catch a glimpse of Levi in his uniform. He looks over at you with a serious look.
"Good morning Captain. May I request that you don't kill us today sir-"
"Shut your mouth Y/n."
Hange laughs and says, "Aw is shorty in a bad mood?!"
"Tch."
You and Hange stifle your laughs as the others arrive.
"Hey," you say to Armin quietly as he stands next to you.
You're all lined up facing Levi and he announces, "alright here's the plan, we are going to run twenty laps and then we will do conditioning-"
Jean says, "Captain I don't think any of us are going to be able to run after yesterday-"
"I don't think I gave you permission to speak."
Jean looks down embarrassed and you hide a smile while peeking over at Hange.
"Anyway, we will start off with that and then go from there. Understood?"
You all say in unison, "yes sir."
You start to run and surprisingly Levi also runs with you all. This makes you happy because you hate when people tell you to do things they themselves refuse to do. You're in the lead of the group and your legs burn. After a few laps, your legs feel like jello. You glance back and see the others barely jogging. You didn't consider yourself a good runner, but you now consider the fact that you just might be one. Levi is directly behind you though and he is catching up. You don't want him to pass you. You can get a little competitive. You and Levi always tried to one-up each other. It's a fun sort of game really. You are now sprinting and your lungs protest as they burn with each breath. Levi is now far behind you. You think to yourself, "one more lap..."
You keep racing around the field and are almost done. You then see something in the corner of your eye. Levi is coming towards you with a fierce speed. His legs move at an unnatural speed. You are almost done with your laps, but Levi is so close to passing you. You both run as fast as you can and then finish at the exact same time. You pant and rest your hands on your knees, "Damn Captain, for a guy with such short legs you sure can run fast."
He kicks you with no energy at all so it's more like a tap and you laugh through your panting. He glares at you so you say, "I'm joking alright? Our legs are literally the same length."
He just stares at you looking like he wants to kill you. You remind yourself to never make that joke again...
The others finally finish as you two sit side by side. He seems in a better mood now.
"About time you guys," you say clapping for them.
Jean throws himself onto the ground gasping for air. Hange lands on top of you and reaches to the sky with their hand, "Y/n...I think I'm dying..."
"No...please don't go Hange, please." You two joke with each other as Levi stands and mutters to himself, "like a bunch of children...tch."
You quiet your laugh and Levi gives you all some more directions for the day. The squad trains about the entire day. You are so tired and just want to go sleep and never get up. You're all doing push ups and you struggle to do another. Levi walks over to you and shouts angrily, "is that all you got Y/n?"
"Why don't you do some Captain?" you respond straining your arms. You fall onto the ground and grunt as you try to push yourself back up. Your arms shake and give out. All of a sudden you feel Levi grab your hair and lift your head up so you are looking straight at him.
"Don't be weak Y/n. Pull yourself together."
He lets go of your hair and your head drops down from exhaustion. How does he expect you to keep going if you can't even move properly?
You lay on the ground trying to get air into your lungs. You feel Levi's eyes still on you. You wish he'd leave you alone. You hear the others groaning as they also struggle. You have five more push ups and then you're done. You go for them and can do two. You push for a third, but collapse on your face.
"Get the hell up Y/n."
You finally snap, "don't you see I can't?! you idiot!"
He grabs you by your shirt now and lifts you off the ground. His eyes become smaller with anger and he clenches his jaw.
"What did you just say to me?"
You don't know what to say. What could you say?
"I'm sorry I just can't do anymore."
"You can't or you won't?"
He throws you onto the ground and you land on your back. All of the air in your lungs leaves you and so you gasp and then cough trying to breathe.
"Ten more."
"But I only have three left-"
"Twenty," he says. The others around you two are finished and you look over at them now feeling embarrassed, but mostly angry.
"Fine," you respond and start again. You can do about ten, but then you have to stop for a second. You hang your head down.
"Ten more Y/n!" Hange says from afar.
"Shut up!" You shout annoyed. You don't mean to be rude, but they're not helping at the moment. You continue and are on your last one. You strain and practically scream as you push up for the last time. Your muscles give up as you fall to the ground with a thud. Hange claps for you and the others say something about you that you don't care to make out. You roll over so you can see them and then you look at Levi. He stares at you emotionless. You eventually stand up and you all go inside to eat. The others are all together, but Levi is eating alone outside. You decide to go see him. You have a small loaf of bread in your hand. You sit beside him next to a tall and old looking tree.
"So what was that all about?" You ask.
"What do you mean?"
He looks down as he eats his food.
"You know exactly what I mean."
He is silent and then says, "just felt like it. You were pissing me off."
You laugh and respond, "that's a bit sadistic."
He looks at you with his grey eyes.
"I might want to punch you right now, but I also know your evil ways will only make me stronger, so thanks," you add.
"Evil?"
"You've sure got some selective hearing," you say with a raised eyebrow.
"You sure love to criticize me."
You laugh and nudge him as you smile.
You lean against him and rest your head on his shoulder. The sun is setting and it leaves your face glowing. Levi sneaks glances of it every now and then in awe.