Chapter 3: Family

After assimilating all the memories of the original host, Felix started to open his eyes. It took a few seconds for his eyes to adapt, but as soon as his eyelids opened, he heard Mother Rosie's voice.

“Felix! You are awake! Thank goodness that you are awake!” Mother Rosie grabbed his cute little son in his arms. Only the gods knew how frightened she was when she heard about the accident. She knew that his son wasn't very smart, and he had always been too brave for his own good.

“Good morning… Mom.” Felix said in a low voice. Maybe it was this body that hadn't talked in three days, but his voice was crispy.

Then, in the small room, the sliding door opened in an instant. The original host older brother, Miles, entered as soon as he heard his mother saying that his little brother was awake.

“You rascal! Don't you know how long you've been sleeping!? Three days! You actually slept for three days! Mother and Anne have been worried sick because of you!”

Even if the words that came out of Miles sound like has scolding Felix, the latter could actually see how the eyes of his older brother were red.

Felix could only let a sigh out. This family really loved this body. It was a little sad that he was not the original owner, but since he was here now, he had to live on with this family from now on.

“I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to make you worried.” For now, he had to get used to his family. Felix had not had on since he was a kid, so he didn't really know how to react. But at least he had to apologize, right?

The eyes of Mother Rosie that had been dry out by tears were moved again, with a gentle voice that could only say. “Silly child. Now, you have been sleeping for three days. You should be starving! Mom is going to make you something, okay?”

With that being said, Mother Rosie got up and went to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Miles approached his brother.

“You know I'm glad that you are okay. Normally, I am fine with you being active and a little troublesome. But that was too much. So never go there again, understand?”

“Um.” The tone that Miles was using was the same as coaxing a child. Even if Felix's current body is already 16, at this age in this world other kids have already been married, but he still was a child in his brother's eyes.

“Good. I will just warn you, when Father comes back he is going to spank you so be prepared, Hehe. Now I will go to my Brother-in-law's home to notify you that you have already woken up, so be a good boy and stay here.”

Then Miles went out of the room as well. Before Felix could think what to do, he could hear the voice of the system.

<Wuwuwu…this is so touching>

Felix: …

Meanwhile, he waited for the baby system to stop crying, Felix recalled other memories of the original host.

One of the most important details could be the fact that his older sister has already married.

If the information on his head was right, his older brother was 20 years old, meanwhile, his older sister is only 18. For the people in the modern era, this would be just some teenagers starting to live in the adult world. But in medieval times, one person could get married after turning 15. So it was perfectly fine for his older sister to be married.

Actually, she got married a year ago, and now she has been pregnant for a few months. Also, after she got married, his husband, Rowen, brought her to his own family home.

The parents of Rowen had only one child. So my older sister was well received in the family home.

Well, Felix really didn't mind if his sister got married, right now he didn't have any right to say something and his sister seemed happy, so everything was fine.

But he was curious about another thing.

<Little Qiu, why has neither my brother nor I had been married?>

Felix found it very strange. His brother was turning 21 this year, meanwhile he was going to be 17. Looking at his sister that was already expecting, he didn't know why the brothers were still single.

<Well, in the case of your brother it is because of the dowry. Your current home doesn't have enough money for the bride price. Besides, he doesn't have any relationship right now.>

“Oh…dowry. Got it.” It looked like this world had some similarities to ancient China. Felix was a western, so he really didn't know how that worked, but what he knew was the groom's family had to give some money to the bride's family.

<The reason why your sister could marry but not your brother is that, in the case of your sister, your family received the dowry.>

Mm, that made sense.

<Hm? Then what about me? You only said about my brother.>

<Host, did you forget? This is an ABO world, and you are an omega. In other words, you would be receiving the dowry.>

He really forgot.

There was a wood bucket beside his futon. Felix could see his reflection in the water.

These are really bunny ears!

He actually had real bunny ears on his head! Full of excitement, Felix touched his lower back, and he discovered he also had a little fluffy tail!

This is the best day of my life! 

Felix continued watching his face. He had black hair with red bright eyes.

Well, I suppose since I am a rabbit, my eyes are red?

Felix had fun with his own ears, after a while he remembered another thing.

So…he was the bride…?

Well then.

Felix never cared about this orientation before. It was too troublesome. Besides, he never had the time to look at what he liked, so he really didn't know if he liked men or women. So if the norm here was to get with men, then he just will go with the flow.

“Wait. If that is the case, why am I still single? I don't know if it's okay for me to say this, but this face is a real beauty.>”

Felix knew that most of the people were facecons. So if a beauty like this was available, how come nobody has come to claim it?

The system doubted if he really had to tell this, but in the end, he still spoke.

<Well, everyone in the village knows the original host. Most of them have a good opinion of you. But even if some alpha o male beta has an interest in you, their parents would not agree.>

“Mm? Why? Didn't just say that everyone has a good opinion of me?”

<Yes. They mostly think that you are a good kid, but the parents usually want some delicate and docile woman or omega for their child. Not a hyperactive and daring brat.>

<Also, there was one time that a man that didn't have a good reputation wanted to take you as his second wife. Then your father and brother kick the hell out of him. After that, they said that they would never allow you to get married.>

Well, if they didn't want me to marry, fine by me.