Chapter 8: Cold

<Host, what are you doing?> Qiu asked. 

Felix was currently laying down on his bed with a blanket over him.

Is too cold!

His rabbit system had told him that it was cold during winter. But it was still autumn! If he was already freezing now, maybe he would freeze to death when the actual cold season arrived.

<Host, if you are too cold, why don't you make your house warmer?> 

“And how do you suggest doing that?” Felix asked with a bit of sarcasm. If he knew a way, he would do it weeks ago!

The little system proudly put out his chest. He had been waiting for this question. <Host, you can find a plant that is called konoe. Its texture is like cotton with thermal insulation. If you put it in the walls, it should warm up.> 

!

That was actually a good idea!

“And where can I find that fruit?” Felix asked with excitement. 

<It should be around near the border of the forest. Anyway, we will know it when we see it. >

Trusting his little System. Felix put on his gloves and shoes and got out of bed. 

In the living room Mother Rosie was making dinner, seeing her youngest son out of bed she asked with a smile. 

“Felix, you finally came out? Come here, I am making some soup for dinner, it should warm you up.” 

The smell of the delicious soup was in the air. Felix gulp. He suddenly felt hungry. But the coldness was bigger than his appetite, so he quickly advanced with his original intention. 

“Sorry Mom, I will drink it later. I'm going to the forest.”

“The forest? Why are you going there?” 

“Just want to take a walk.” Felix didn't share his ideas yet. Foremost, he didn't know if it could actually work, besides if it does it would be a nice surprise.

“Oh, okay. Then, I will put some soup in the basket. Take it with you if you get hungry.” Maybe because her youngest son had been calm for the last couple of days, Mother Rosie forgot that Felix was a little troublemaker. Surely, he didn't want to stay still any longer. 

“Thanks Mom.” Felix took the basket with the bamboo container. The soup really smells good. 

“Then be careful. Come back before the sun goes down.” 

“Okay~” 

Felix left his house and quickly arrived at the village. In the main road were a lot of females and omegas buying stuff on the market. At this time, the males and alphas were busy at the fields getting the harvest before the winters arrived. Father Lewis and Miles were also working there. 

Saying hi to some ladies on the road, Felix went to the forest at the end of the village. 

“So… where should I start my search?” 

<Well, my amazing guide given by my senior says that konoe's fruit is usually very big. Like the sizes of a basketball and is very fluffy.>

“Big and fluffy…” Like so, Felix started searching around the bushes for the konoe fruit. The system said it would be very easy to find, but after an hour they still haven't found it. 

“Qiu… you said that this was going to be easy.” 

By his side, the cute little rabbit was also panicking, reviewing his guide pages he didn't know why they still couldn't find the fruit.